One

Advika heard crying and tried opening her eyes. With great difficulty she did and then she realised that those were her cries and that she was a baby once again. Was she reborn? So that means she died.

She sighed but she didn't feel anything. She certainly remembered her past life but didn't have any feelings regarding it. It was just like watching a movie. She was taken into the hands of a lady from a man who was standing in the fire in a godly attire.

"She will be called as Advika the Unique One, Aditi the daughter of Aditya and Agnita, the one born from the fire." Advika blinked her eyes in surprise. She looked towards the voice and saw a sage standing near the yagn kund and the godly man vanishing from the fire.

Opposite him stood a man with joined hands. He wore ancient attire and had a crown on his head like a king. She looked up at her mother who was dressed regally decked in jewellery. She then realised that maybe she was reborn in the past and that too from a fire as a baby.

~•~

It's been 5 years since she was born and now Advika fully understood that she was in Dwapar Yug. She was born as the daughter of King Aditya and Queen Indumati of Kingdom Kosala. She heard her father talking about the marriage of King Pandu and Princess Kunti who is now a queen.

Advika sighed. This is just the prologue of the Mahabharat. She took out a paper and some ink and started writing the important events down. After it dried she kept it inside her cupboard and decided to take it out again when the main story starts.

Meanwhile she will enjoy her second life. It is not everytime one gets to experience their dream. She went back to the garden where she was swinging. Her Older Brother Prince Indrajit came and gave her some laddoos which he stole from the kitchen.

Advika grinned toothily and said "Thankyou Bhrata. Here this is for me and this is for you. Eat fast before Maata comes and scolds us again." They both laughed and ate the laddoos. A dasi came and informed "Prince, Princess the King and Queen are summoning you."

The siblings looked at each other ,wiped their mouths and stood up and went with the maid. When they arrived they saw a sage sitting while their parents were sitting opposite tensely. The Queen stood up and beckoned them saying "Advika, Indrajit this is Sage Vashishta. " They bowed down and touched his feet and he blessed them.

After they sat down the sage said "Maharaj, Princess Aditi is born for a great deed. She will be the cause for the change in entire Aryavart. Hence I wish to train her for a few years." Everyone in the room were stunned. Advika couldn't believe her ears. She being the cause for the change in Aryavart?

Her father spoke up "O Revered sage, I cannot change the destiny of my daughter but now she is only five years old. For her to train from such a young age, I'm hesitant." The sage smiled slightly assured him and said "O king! I understand your hesitation but it is important for her destiny. Fear not for I will send her back once every year. She will not be far from you."

The Queen and King looked at each other and tears gathered in the queen's eyes. The king hesitantly agreed and said "Then I leave my daughter in your hands Maharshi." They both joined their hands. Advika was still in shock and when she heard these words tears automatically fell from her eyes.

Although she had an adult mindset her body was of a small girl and she couldn't control her impulsive emotions. Queen Indumati took her into her arms and consoled her. The next day Advika with the blessings of her parents and brother set off with the Sage for the fulfillment of her destiny.