Two

Sage Vashishta took Advika to the Ganga River where near the forest his Hut was there. Advika looked around and realised that Hastinapur was situated on the banks of Ganga. She sighed in resignation at her fate.

The sage turned towards her and said "Putri Aditi, you know the story starts here and so does your destiny." Advika looked shocked at that. The sage knew her past life? He smiled serenly and went inside. Advika too followed him and met Mata Arundhati who smiled at her and led her to her room.

From the next day Advika started her studies . Everyday she would study hard in the mornings, eat lunch and then practice basic weapons in the afternoon. In the evening she would end up roaming the forest or sitting on the bank of Ganga.

After a week when she was sitting on the rocks near Ganga watching the sunset she saw a boy of her age looking at her from a distance. She looked at him curiously and got up and walked towards him.

He looked startled for a moment but he too looked curiously at her. She smiled and asked "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" The boy looked mesmerized and Advika looked at him in confusion. He shook his head and said "My name is Vasusena. I live there." He pointed at a house a little bit distance from the Ganga.

Advika looked at him in shock and surprise. Vasusena. The other name of Karn. She freaked out internally. She met the Suryaputra Karn. Quickly she calmed herself and said "I'm Advika the disciple of Sage Vashishta. His Hut is there." She pointed towards the hut which was on the other side.

As soon as she said that Vasusena moved a little away. Advika looked perplexed at that and asked "Why did you move away Vasusena?" He said "You are the disciple of a sage means you are either a Brahmin or a Kshatriya. I'm a suta, I'm not of your status."

Now Advika realised the reason. In this Yug the caste is very important which she didn't like. So she said "So what if you are a Suta? Your character and skills are not based on your caste and background. I don't care for your caste, so will you be my friend?"

Karn looked shocked at her statement and looked behind her suddenly

Karn looked shocked at her statement and looked behind her suddenly. She too looked behind and saw Maharshi Vashisht smiling at her. He said "Great thinking. Vasusena if you accept her hand of friendship then you are welcome to join her lessons with me. But i can't accept you as my disciple."

Vasusena looked confused, delighted and saddened at the same time. Advika almost laughed out loud at his expression. Vasishta continued "I cannot snatch that privilege from your Guru whom you will meet in a few years." Advika smiled knowingly and Vasusena looked hopeful.

He hesitantly looked at Advika and said "Alright. Let's be friends." She smiled widely and dragged him to the ashram delightedly. Vasishta smiled knowing their fate and went back to his meditation. From then Advika and Vasusena would be seen together except the night time.

Advika went to his house and Radha immediately took a liking to her. She treated her like her own daughter. Vasusena didn't ask about Advika's parents or where she is from and she was thankful for that. Her Guru told that till she completes her education she cannot tell her true identity to anyone.