Twenty

Meanwhile Yudhishthir went with Advika's cousin Advait to the back of the temple. He and Advait planned on having a spear competition. Yudhishthir had heard about Prince Advait before the prince of Dravida and the nephew of Queen Indumati.
He was efficient in Archery and Spear wielding however he sucked at mace.

Advika had quite a backing. The Ayodhya Kingdom along with Sivi, Madra, Videha, Panchal,Kasi, Chedi and Dravida. Of course Yudhishthir didn't know that yet. But when they both reached the clearing they saw two women there.

He recognised his cousin sister Subhadra but he didn't know the other one. He heard her excitedly telling Subhadra "Oh you don't know Subhu I am just so fascinated with spears. Advika jiji promised me she will teach me although she is not so good at it." Subhadra nodded at her and said "I know your feeling. I prefer archery more but I can't deny the power of a spear."

He got interest in her as she spoke about her fascination with spear. The girls came out of their talk when they heard a twig snap and looked at the two men who were standing there. They got up and Subhadra immediately introduced "Jiji this is Rajkumar Yudhishthir of Hastinapur and Bhrata this Rajkumari Devika of Sivi."

Meanwhile Advait stared at Subhadra in interest. He said "So you are Princess Subhadra. Advika told a lot about you." Subhadra stared confused until Yudhishthir said "This is Rajkumar Advait. Prince of Dravida and Cousin of Princess Advika." A look of realisation flashed among her eyes and she greeted him. The fourteen people didn't know that this meet was the starting for their pathway to destiny.

~•~

Soon all of them returned and slept in between confusions, heartthrobs and fumes. The sun god seemed oddly happy as he shone brightly and woke up the residents of Ayodhya. It was the day of Swayamvar and the palace was bustling.

All the princesses gathered in Advika's room and started getting her ready. Saagarika said "Advika now it's your turn to marry. You must always take care of the propriety and respect in your inlaw family. Fights may be there between couples but you should resolve them cleverly without hurting nor bending to the other person. Overall fulfill your duty as a wife properly."

Advika held her hand as she continued to tell "You are my sister in all but birth Advika. I wish the best life for you." All the princesses came into a hug and seperated. Soon the time came and Advika was escorted to the dias. She sat on the throne prepared for her and looked down shyly with nervousness.

 She sat on the throne prepared for her and looked down shyly with nervousness

All the kings and princes gathered there and were mesmerized seeing Advika. Prince Indrajit stood up and announced "The Swayamvar of Princess Advika of Kosala will commence now. This swayamvar is similar to Devi Sita's where you have to lift the Vijaya Bow and string it to wed the princess."

Few kings started curiously at the bow while some scoffed. Others had an arrogant look on their faces and a few were calm. Karna was among the calm ones. But his heart was beating fast. What if the bow was lifted by others? Soon the swayamvar started and princes and kings started to try lifting the bow.

Not a single one was able to lift it and a few even collapsed. The Princesses sitting beside Advika controlled their laugh seeing the collapsed ones. Finally it was Karna's turn. As he got up Advika's heartbeat increased and she started feeling nervous.

She lifted her eyes and looked at him and suddenly came to the realisation on what the feeling was. She now understood her fast heartbeats when he was near or when she heard his name. She joined her hands tightly and hoped that he would lift the bow.

She held her breath as Karna joined his hands before the bow and put his hand on it. She stared wide eyed with a few tears as he lifted and strung it. He himself looked surprised but happy. Flowers were showered on him and the king said "Advika go on." She took the garland and walked to the dias stepping on soft flowers.

" She took the garland and walked to the dias stepping on soft flowers

He looked at her with a smile as she approached. She looked up through her eyelashes and lowered them back down. A faint blush and a smile appeared on her face and she put the garland on him. Trumpets were blown up and flowers showered on them. The Pandavas who were sitting in the audience section came and hugged Karna.

 The Pandavas who were sitting in the audience section came and hugged Karna

A/N:

And that's it folks for the First book of Advika Mahabharat.
Soon I will publish the second part. I plan on making it a three book series.

This book ended with Advika's swayamvar. In the next book you will see their wedding, their life at Hastinapur and the reason why the great war Mahabharat would happen.

I hope you enjoyed this book. If so continue reading my second book too!

Yours
@Mystery_A_