Four

Advika sat in the chariot going towards Kosala. She was playing with the chain with a locket which was gifted by her best friend Vasusena. It was a peony flower made of pink pearl with silver leaves surrounding it.

 It was a peony flower made of pink pearl with silver leaves surrounding it

It was so beautiful that Advika was in awe when she saw it. Vasusena said while giving it to her "I have a feeling that our next meeting will take a while. So I'm giving this to you." She smiled at his words and remembered one more thing he had said "This is specifically made for you Advika. It is the only one of its kind."

She almost cried at that and hugged him. She also had given him a parting gift because of the feeling she too had. While leaving her Gurudev told her that she had a surprise after she comes back. She was waiting for that surprise eagerly. She sighed in contentment and leaned back eager to see her family again.

~•~

Vasusena looked at the ring which his best friend had given him. It was a gold ring with the symbol of Sun in the middle. It was much more precious than his gift so he had felt reluctant to accept it. But she said "Please Sakha. I cannot tell you much about my family but I can tell you this much. My family has enough money so don't decline this."

He was still in his thoughts when a knock sounded from the door

He was still in his thoughts when a knock sounded from the door. His mother opened the door and stood shocked to see the Royals standing there. Maharani Kunti and Maharaj Pandu smiled at her nervously and she beckoned them inside saying "Oh I'm sorry, please come inside Maharaj, Maharani."

Vasusena stood up and bowed to them with his hands joined. Kunti had tears looking at him while Pandu smiled. He said "Devi Radha we are here to discuss something important." By then Adirath also came and stood listening. Kunti narrated the story about her boon and how she left her son in the water in tears.

The family of three were stunned after hearing the queen's story. Vasusena had tears running down his cheeks as Radha hugged him from behind. Kunti continued "Please I beg you, don't seperate a mother from her son. I promise you I will not stop Karna from visiting you."

Radha held the queen's hands and said "I will not seperate mother and son but please remember that I have raised Vasusena as my own son these many years. I will always consider him as my son ." Kunti nodded and said "Of course from now Karna has three mothers and two fathers. I don't have words to thank you."

Vasusena or now known as Karna touched Kunti and Pandu's feet and they hugged him. The next day he set off with the royals after getting the blessings of his foster parents. Before leaving he left a letter for Advika. But in that letter he didn't tell about who his real parents were as Kunti warned him about potential enemies or threats.

He learnt about his cousins who could potentially not like him due to their uncle. She told him that they may get the news of his return and may come to this house to check. So he wrote the letter and signed it as her Sakha. He gave the letter to Maharshi Vashishta who blessed him.

~•~

Advika was very happy to see her family once again. She hugged her brother who stuffed a laddo in her mouth . She grinned back at him like she did every year when he stuffed a sweet into her mouth. She touched the feet of her parents who then took her inside.

They asked about her education like every year and she answered with enthusiasm. She already told them about Vasusena and they were happy that their princess found a friend . In Ayodhya caste was not important and everyone were equal so they didn't care if their daughter's friend was a suta or a Kshatriya.

Time passed and the days were spent with happiness. The time to go back had come and Advika hugged her parents and brother saying "I'll be back next year Mata, Pita and Bhrata. Meanwhile make lots of laddoos ok ma?" Her mother laughed lightly and kissed her forehead.