Eight

Advika spent her night thinking about the tale her Gurudev told. Her tale. She couldn't believe whatever she heard. Finally after a long while of thinking she decided to give her Guru Dakshina and got ready with her weapons.

The next day she set off on her horse to Videha kingdom. She went inside the kingdom in the disguise of a comonner and enquired the people there. She got to know about the tyranny of the king.  Such as how he would collect high tax or how he snatched women and kept them captive.

Advika got very angry after hearing the troubles of the people and she immediately went inside the palace tricking the guards. Sneakily she searched for the king and what she saw boiled her blood. He was forcing himself on a woman who was crying. Immediately without making any sound she put her sword in his throat.

His eyes went wide and he slowly turned his head only to see a masked face. She dragged him out and into the court where already the courtiers were there. They were all shocked to see thier king with his head in another's hands. Advika then declared "From now this evil man's rule will end. I am beheading him in front of all of you."

Suddenly the king started laughing and turned into a demon. The courtiers looked horrified at the change and even Advika looked a little surprised. But she quickly went back to normal and started countering the attacks of the demon. After a while she started getting tired and sweat beads were rolling down her forehead.

The demon laughed evilly and said "Do you think a normal weapon can bear this Shirkasur's attacks? Hahaha" Advika while panting smirked while the demon looked confused at her smirk. She said "Do you think this is a normal weapon? Till now I wanted to know your strength. Now it's your end." And then her sword started glowing red and flaming.

Everyone looked astonished except Advika who was smirking and Shirkasur who was looking at the sword in growing horror

Everyone looked astonished except Advika who was smirking and Shirkasur who was looking at the sword in growing horror. He sputtered "That is the Jwala the divine sword. How did you get it?" Advika still smirking said "You don't need to know that. Get ready Shirkasur." And she swung the sword.

The glowing fire sword cut through the demon who screamed in agony and slowly his body started dissipating. After a while it fully dissipated and only silence was left in the hall. She stood straight and said "Now this kingdom will fall under my rule. Get me the scrolls which that evil man has written. Now!"

At the shout the courtiers all dispersed and went to bring the scrolls. They were still reeling from the shock of what happened. Advika stayed in the kingdom for two months and arranged everything. She removed the corrupt officials and kept able ones. The heavy taxes were removed.

The women were released and the people all joined hands at her happy to be free of the tyrant's rule. They called her Queen Vaidehi and sang praises of her. The crop was good and everyone even slaves lived happily in Videha. The news that Kingdom of Videha is ruled by a woman and is prospering spread throughout the Aryavart.

Many scoffed but many suddenly remembered that there was once a Princess Advika of Ayodhya, Lord Rama's daughter whose 6 month rule prospered the country even more. They all wondered if this woman was the reincarnation of that princess but didn't know the exact answer.

Advika's parents and brother knew that she was the one who ruled Videha and were very proud of her. Indrajit returned successfully with the kingdoms Kasi, Chedi in the east and Madra and Sivi in the west under Ayodhya. Panchala also was defeated and now under Ayodhya.

The kings had no problem after being defeated and were honoured to be under Ayodhya. Indrajit let the kingdoms have their own names. Advika hugged him after he came back and stuffed a sweet into his mouth. He laughed and said "Advika I heard about Videha. I am so proud of you." She smiled widely at her brother.

The kings of those kingdoms along with their families came to Ayodhya for a few days. Advika met the princesses there. Princess Devika of Sivi who was 7 youngers than her , Princess Valandhara of Kasi ,8 years younger than her , the Princesses of Chedi and Madra, Karenumati and Vijaya who were 12 years younger than her.

Devika was 10 years old ,Valandhara , 9 years and the rest two were only 5 years old. She adored them and they all followed her like ducklings.  The kings were happy to see their daughters being happy. From then the five of them were seen together whenever they would come to the kingdom.