Ten

King Aditya and Queen Indrajit came to Panchal and were very happy to hear the news. Soon the arrangements for the wedding started. The kingdom was decorated for their Princess's marriage. The bride's and groom's maternal and paternal families also arrived.

Advika had fun in teasing her brother. Krishna and Balaram also came from Dwaraka with their baby sister Subhadra who was introduced to Advika and the princesses. Subhadra was a girl who everyone likes. She instantly joined with the princesses and they talked and laughed together.

Finally the wedding time came and the groom was seated at the mandap while the Princesses went to bring Saagarika. When she entered the mandap Advika saw her brother freeze for a second. She smirked and planned to tease about it later.

The wedding proceeded without any hitch and finally the time for Kanyadaan came

The wedding proceeded without any hitch and finally the time for Kanyadaan came. Saagarika hugged her mother and father who had tears in their eyes and blessed her. They set off to Ayodhya the next day. Advika dragged the Dwaraka siblings to Ayodhya and made them promise to stay for a few days.

After the rituals and welcoming was over Advika impatiently dragged the Dwaraka siblings to show them the Ayodhya kingdom. Like in their childhood they stole Maakhan and ate it sneakily.

After a few days they left and Advika spent most of her time with Saagarika and would often irritate her with "Bhabhi!" But Saagarika was sweet and serene as ever and enjoyed spending time with Advika. Indrajit would watch exasperated as the sister-in-law's spent time leaving him out.

Few weeks later Advika heard about the big band of Bandits at the border of Panchal and Kuru Kingdom. It had been long since she wielded her weapons so she decided to go and set them right. She didn't know that this decision would bring a change in her life.

~•~

At Hastinapur in the early morning just as the sun was rising a man is seen rising from the water and offering prayers to the Sun god. He shone with a radiance and his face had a serene smile. The sun seemed to shine brighter as he offered prayers. His kundals shone in the light and reflected glow on him.

After he finished his prayers the eldest prince of Hastinapur Prince Karna stepped out of the water and went to the palace

After he finished his prayers the eldest prince of Hastinapur Prince Karna stepped out of the water and went to the palace. Before going to the palace he stopped at a house near the river and knocked. A lady opened and smiled at seeing him.

He bent and touched the feet of the lady and asked "How are you Radha Maa?" The lady Radha answered "I'm happy now that I have seen you again Vasusena. It's been three years since you visited. Come inside Shon will be delighted to see you." Karna went inside and a young boy ran out and hugged him as Karna laughed and hugged him back.

He sat at the house for sometime and departed for the palace. Before leaving he asked "Radha Maa did Advika come back?" Radha sighed and said "No Putra last I saw her was before five years. She did tell that she may not be able to come anytime soon." He nodded and left.

At the palace Mahamahim Bhishm was pacing in his chamber while waiting for Karna to come. After a while the guard announced and Karna entered asking "Pranipat Pitamaha. Did you call me?" Bhishma nodded and sat down and beckoned for Karna to do the same.

After they both settled he said "Karna have you heard about the Bandits at the border?" Karna nodded and seriously said "Yes Pitamaha. They are being a problem for the people." Bhishma sighed and said "I want you to go and stop them Karna. I can only assign this to you." Karna joined his hands and said "As you say Pitamaha. "

As Karna walked the corridors he thought about how to stop the Bandits. He first decided to negotiate and if that doesn't work then fight. He went to Kunti's chambers where his mother and brothers were gathered to take her blessings. He took her blessings and told her about the decision. She said "I have belief that you will succeed Putra. Go and come back safe ." He hugged his brothers and left.