Seven

Years passed and the Kingdom of Kosala prospered. Indrajit was now a 19 year old crown prince. And Advika was returning finally from the Ashram. Her education is complete and she will return as the Princess of Ayodhya.

There was a grand welcome with the roads and houses decorated with flowers and lamps. As the chariot came in the people cheered for the return of their princess who smiled shyly at them. The chariot stopped at the Palace where the royals were standing.

The Queen did the aarti and put the tilak on her forehead. Advika smiled as they hugged her and as usual Indrajit stuffed a sweet into her mouth. She said "Mata, Pita, Bhrata my education is over. I'm back." They all smiled and took her inside where there was a huge amount of food kept. Advika went into her room to change and came back to eat.

After that she went to the garden where she started practicing her sword. Just as she finished her practice she heard her brother call her and she turned.

 Just as she finished her practice she heard her brother call her and she turned

Her brother beckoned her and said "Advika tomorrow I'm leaving for the conquest. After I conquer all the kingdoms I will come back. Here this is a gift from me." He gave two golden bangles which shone in th sun. She smiled widely and said "Bharata I know you will succeed in this conquest. I wish all the luck. And thank-you for the bangles."

He kissed her forehead and left. Advika prayed to God that her brother come out victorious. After that she went back to her room. Days passed and she fell into her routine of being a princess. Her father allowed her to come to court but made her sit in the high balcony and only watch the proceedings.

Although Ayodhya was a little ahead it was still following the rules. She listened to the problems of the common man, about the tax, food, droughts and floods. Everything. She understood how hard it was to rule a kingdom. But she admired her father a lot.

Despite being it so hard he did it with a serene smile and that too perfectly. The people were happy and content because he was the king. She got up and went inside as the proceedings got over. She joined her hands and said "Pitashree I have received an invitation from my Gurudev. He wishes to take his Guru Dakshina."

At this the king straightened and said "Alright. I will make arrangements for you to go. Be careful Putri and come back safe." She nodded and took blessings from her parents and she set off. As she reached the place where Vashistha was waiting she touched his feet and he blessed her.

He then said "Putri Aditi. It's time you give me your Guru Dakshina. Do you know the kingdom of Videha?" Advika nodded and said "Of course Gurudev. Our ancestor Mata Sita is from Videha." He nodded and said "Yes the kingdom once which prospered under the rule of Rajarshi Janak is now under a tyrant. I want you to free it and get in under your rule."

Advika stood shocked at that and said "Gurudev I'm ready to do as you wish but will the people accept a female queen?" Vashishta again smiled and said "Its time you know Putri." Advika stared confused at her Guru. She had an inkling that way he would say next would shake her to the core and indeed it did. "Did you know that Lord Rama had a daughter before his twin sons?"

Advika widened her eyes and listened to what her Guru was saying "Yes. They had a daughter who was called Princess Advika. Originally the kingdom had to ruled by her but she was a victim of a curse that the whole world will forget that she ever existed. Later the giver of the curse regretted his decision and amended it as that in her next life she will make the world remember that there was a Princess of Kosala who was fit to be a queen. She then gave the kingdom to her little brother Prince Luv and vowed that she will again be born as the princess of Ayodhya and stepped into the fire."

Advika's mind reeled at the tale. Vashishta continued "I was there when the curse was given putri and when it was amended and when she stepped into the fire. The moment you were born I knew that she was reborn. So Videha is your maternal kingdom and you have the right to rule it. After you win it everyone will once again remember about you."

A/N:
So like i announced I'm going to update every Sunday and Wednesday from now. Enjoy the chapter!