Chapter • 45

ZYLITH.

"Lizzy, if you don't wake up this very next second, believe it or not, I will not hesitate to do something even more.... disturbing." Was the devil's spawn Reuben's warning bells ringing in my head.

These days, I felt like painting my face with make up all the time. Why, you ask? Well... I'd rather you ask this question to His Majesty King Reuben the great Mummy. No, really. If not for him, I would not end up looking like some deranged ugly stoned duck who would be under suspicions of being in her periods 24/7.

"Mmmhh, okay okay, I'm up. What is it with you? Did I murder your entire family in your previous life for you to be getting even with me now?" I grumbled as I got up in a waspish huff.

"(Chuckle!) Is it my fault now again? If I don't threaten you, would you willingly wake up every morning like you're doing now?" He mouthed with a sly smile and I had the urge to loose my temper once more early in the morning.

"Come on now, wake up, we are here." He urged once again in a gentle manner.

"Here? Where?" I couldn't help but frown as I pulled up the curtain blinds to look where exactly did he meant by we're here.

A homey-looking lodge stood in front of my sight amidst the lonely greenery in the background. Like an luxurious woodland heaven where there was no real sign of human civilization. But soon I realized that I was wrong when I thought that this was a secluded spot untouched by humans, because it turned out to be a rather popular tourist spot.

"Sires, the living quarters are ready to be moved in. I have already taken the adequate measures regarding all the safety provisions; you can go in without any worries." Knight commander Erzieth reported in a stern demeanour as he came to escort us into the inn.

I looked at the pitiful sombre man early in the morning, and with a rare tone of compassion, I asked, "Commander Erzieth, did you have your breakfast yet?"

Reuben raised a brow to that, but didn't impede me from enquiring about his subordinate all the same.

Knight commander Erzieth looked a bit surprised by my sudden act of empathy, but he quickly composed himself and replied with due respect, "Not yet Your Highness."

"What! Why did you not?" I asked with a slight frown.

"How could I dare to before my Majesties have even risen and washed?" He replied in a humble manner.

With knitted brows, I turned to look at Reuben and said, "I understand that you have an urge to torture me 'cause of our tacit understanding, but do you have to torture your loyal obedient subordinates like that as well? Are you even human?"

Consequently so, the corner of Reuben's lips couldn't help twitching, but I did not want to give him any opportunity for excuses, so without a moment of pause, I turned around to morph my sharp gaze to that of a soft kind look of intent towards the knight commander and said, "Don't bother being so hard on yourself from now on, commander Erzieth. Tsk Tsk Tsk! Look at how scrawny and pitifully skinny you have become. Eat more you know, skinny people are easier to kidnap. Eat some cake to stay safe, hmm?"

Knight commander Erzieth, "........"

Reuben, "........."

~ ••••••••• ~

I'm telling you, people nowadays.... (Sigh!) They do not have a sense of humour at all. I felt like all my goodwill had been fed to a good-for-nothing pig as I stared at the dead-panned faces of Reuben and commander Erzieth. And after being painfully rebuked by my said-husband, I decided to ignore the world at large for the time being. Anything is better than being in the company of a vengeful sarcastic husband, I tell ya!

"Tch! These good-for-nothing lot. How could you not have reserved any rooms since you knew that I would be visiting, huh? So very annoying!"

"Forgive me, My Lady. However I did book the most luxurious room in the lodge for you. But now, the hotel staff is saying that they had to cancel our reservation because of some VIP guests who had decided to rest in their lodge today." The man, who looked like a highly trained servant of some noble informed the haughty lady in a submissive tone.

"What!!! How could they do that? Don't they know who I am? Are they not afraid my father would forced their business into bankruptcy if they dare annoy me? Go warn them and let them arrange the previous most grand quarter for me." The lady flapped open her fancy hand-fan and snorted in a grumpy voice while hiding her disgust behind her fan.

"M-My lady, I-I did tell them about your identity and even threatened them." The servant spoke in a timid demeanour.

"And?"

"A-And... they still refused my lady. They said that they are willing to give us the next best room. But they are sorry that they really cant give us the most comfortable of the quarters here today as the VIP guests who booked the room are really not to be trifled with, my lady. So... So I suggest that we let it go just this once and move on to the next best room."

"WHAT!! Rodrigo! Are you possibly suggesting me, Lady Rabbly Dusbry to back off when we were the ones who had booked the best room ahead of all others? Impossible!" The lady named Rabbly Dusbry glared at her servant as if she could shoot him dead the very next second. And the poor male servant shuddered in fright under the fierce poisonous gaze of the lady.

Actually, the servant of Lady Rabbly Dusbry must've already realized that the VIP guest who had the gall to rob a room from his lady were no ordinary people, even the people of this lodge refused to accommodate his lady fully knowing who she was, and that said something about the people who had grabbed his lady's room. It showed that the status of these people were definitely above his lady. And that was precisely why he suggested his lady to give up the room. But his lady was stubborn and spoilt rotten by the lord, how could she swallow this humiliation. He could only bow his head helplessly as he prayed that she didn't do something detrimental to herself or the lord.

I, on the other hand, raised a brow at the farce going on in front of me as I had a strong premonition as to who this VIP guest was who dared to rob the most luxurious room from this spoilt lady today. But I didn't care as long as I was kept out of this fiasco. I would gladly let Reuben and Co. handle this mess if it meant I could sleep easy without any troubles at all.

I slightly turned my gaze at Reuben beside me to see his ever unfazed-self being so very cheerfully irresponsible. Ah! What was I expecting from this guy? I doubt even the concept of an alternative world besides this one could really faze this guy. What is a little spoilt lady in his eyes?

Acting as if Lady Rabbly Dusbry was nothing but air, Reuben and Co. went forward and walked past the lady, towards the most sought out room in this inn accompanied by a very deferential door man.

When I passed her by, I saw the Lady Rabbly Dusbry's stare at the back of Reuben as if she was in a stupor, struck by lightning if you will. And I seem to have another very worrying premonition.

TO BE CONTINUED...........