author's note :)

written: september 2021 - april 2022; posted: april 2022 -  ---; edited: ---

hello!

my name is vi and if you're reading this, then welcome to this book, i guess! i've only ever written fanfiction for the dolan twins (which are still up if you wanna go see) and so this was very spontaneous but here we are. i seriously never thought id be writing bts fanfiction but i guess it's happened hehe.

basically, this is a friends to lovers fic with taehyung. you and tae are best friends who happen to take turns having feelings for each other. this leads to a lot of confusing emotions on both your behalf and taehyung's and eventually leads to you losing your beloved friendship.

warnings for this book: lots of jealousy, cheating/infidelity, cursing, maybe a little violence and mentions of (not detailed) sex. also we have some jungkook x reader in this book as well so if you don't wanna read that, definitely step away. 

another warning for this book! the text written normally like so is considered the present. every chapter (almost everychapter) has text in italics that's separated with -. these represent flashbacks from y/n and tae's childhood. hope that isn't too confusing!!

it's like this: 

-

flashback

i also wanted to talk about plagiarism really quickly like i always do because it's really important. i first want to mention that the events that occur in this book are all of my creation. i'm sure this trope (friends to lovers with taehyung) has been written about before, but this book was my idea. i've never really read bts fanfiction before so i'm not sure if there's anything like this out there, but if there is, this book has nothing to do with it. these are my own ideas that i've put the time and effort to bring to life in the form of writing and i am not, nor would i ever, take credit for another person's hard work.

that being said, i also want to ask that no one else takes ideas from this book. i've put a lot of work into creating this book and have spent hours and days writing and editing and i ask that people respect that. i've been copied off of before and it really fricking sucks man. so just respect that these are my ideas and im sure you can come up with your own so don't copy, okay? and if you see something really similar to this, let me know. it's not fair for people to copy someone else's hard work and it definitely should be brought to attention if it's happening.

and there's also a difference between plagiarizing and getting inspiration. if you're inspired by the events of this book then just let me know. one, id love to see what you create, and two, it's just nice to know that someone respects my work, you know? just ask, i swear i'm nice. just don't plagiarize. not just off of me but in general. it won't feel good and at the end of the day you'll just feel guilty.

so yeah.

okay back to the book. ill do an aesthetics page thing next so that characters and stuff are cleared up but i quickly wanted to mention that all of the bts members will be in this book. sure, i tried to incorporate aspects of their personality into this story but it's really hard to do that when they express themselves in korean. i dont speak korean so i can't really portray them accurately when speaking english, if that makes sense.

also! their relationships here are not the same as in real life. for example, you'll see that in here taehyung can literally be such a clueless asshole and we know that he's not like that in real life. they also arent idols in this story and in no way are their lives in this book based on their real ones.  i literally have just taken them and put them in a story instead of creating my own characters.

so you'll be y/n of course but all of the people that happen to be in a relationship with the rest of the members will be known as n/gf, j/gf, etc. i don't like giving them names and ill go more into detail in the next part but yes.

so yeah, that's about it. there are a few warnings for this story which i'll list here so if any of this makes you uncomfortable, please feel free to check out another book because this may not be for you!

i really hope you like this book because it was super fun to write and i put a lot of effort into it. I've also written all of it so that means it won't ever be discontinued or anything like that. it will be completed. uploads will be every tuesday and saturday! comment and vote and follow me if you'd like and yeah! hope you like <3

thank you,

vi xox

---

© Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, or distributed, without the permission of the copyright owner. For permission, please contact @vi-writes on Wattpad.com (vi, dolanapedia, vi-writes)