It's Very Likely I'll Fail

Omer didn't see Defne the next day, and he thought it would work in his favour if he could give her some space, especially given their last encounter. To say that he was surprised when a bewildered looking Sinan entered his office, trailed by Yasemin, Defne and even more surprisingly, Marco would have been an understatement. 

Frowning, Omer stood, his eyes looking between the three visitors, settling on Defne who was looking at him with such a dispassionate, distant expression.

"Hello, welcome... come in... Sinan?"

Sinan shrugged and shook his head. "Uh, Defne, Yasemin and Marco... they have a business proposition for us."

Omer's eyebrows rose skyward as he looked back to Defne and Yasemin. Yasemin's eyes flitted to Sinan nervously before she forced a confident smile. Sitting down, Omer gestured for the group to do the same, whilst Sinan perched on the edge of Omer's desk. 

"Yasemin? Tell us, what can we do for you?"

Yasemin looked to Defne and Marco and Defne nodded for her to continue. "We've come with an offer, a collaboration."

"A collaboration?"

"Yes... as you know, Marco's label is one of the biggest brands across the Mediterranean."

Sinan nodded. "Yes, we're aware of his company and their reputation."

"Then, you'll know that the label is making waves in Scandinavia and the UK too?" Omer nodded, attempting to keep his eyes trained on Yasemin. "Marco, is proposing a joint collaboration, between Passionis and Marizi, ahead of Paris Fashion Week."

Sinan raised his brows and turned to Omer, surprised, before turning back to Yasemin. "Wait a minute... Marco, wants to collaborate with us on shoes? Doesn't Marizi have their own line of footwear?"

Yasemin looked at Marco and smiled. "They do... a very successful line."

Confused, Omer held up a hand and looked directly at Marco, speaking in English. "Why do you want to work with us?"

Marco smiled and looked at Defne, who spoke on his behalf. "Because I asked him to." Omer's eyes flew to hers. "Look... Tranba is playing dirty.. they'll be attending the fashion week, but they won't be on the catwalk, with the collaboration, Passionis will be."

Sinan shook his head in disbelief, Omer leaning back in his chair, steepling his fingers in front of his chin. "And Marizi? What do they get out of this?"

Defne shrugged with a small smile. "Nothing... just the satisfaction that they are doing the right thing. If you choose to accept, your designs will need to complement the outfits that are already being tailored, this is after all a change in Marizi's plans."

Sinan looked at Omer nervously, his partner didn't like being told what to do. "And the design team we'd be working with? Would you be on that team?"

Biting her lip, she took a deep breath, answering confidently. "Yes."

There was no hesitation on his part. "Done deal." Standing, Omer walked around his desk to Marco and stretched out his hand. "We accept."

Sinan turned to look at Omer in surprise, Marco reached out and grasped the designer's hand with a smile. Turning to Yasemin, Omer pointed to Sinan. 

"Yasemin, why don't you take Marco to Sinan's office, work out some of the detail around dates, the finances... I'd like a quick word with Defne."

Checking that Defne was okay with that request, and receiving an affirmative nod, Yasemin smiled. "Alright."

Sinan stood, completely bewildered by Omer making the decision without them discussing it, and gestured for them to follow him to his office. Waiting until the door was closed and he and Defne were alone, he perched on the edge of his desk and looked down at her. "Defne what's going on? Why are you doing this?"