Someday Soon

Thanks for all of the well wishes on the house move. I'm looking forward to having it all over with. If it could have gone wrong during the process, it did. But, not long to go. 

Hope you're all well!

When they finally landed after their unplanned extra night in Paris, Defne was still not feeling much better and was looking forward to doing nothing more strenuous than crawling into her bed and feeling sorry for herself, so when she entered her bedroom to find Nihan there folding clothes, her heart sank.

"Defne! So? How was it? Tell me everything!" Suddenly the clothes were dropped and forgotten as Nihan's wide eyes caught the diamond on her friend's hand.

Defne steeled herself as Nihan snatched her hand up, her mouth working silently as it tried to keep up with the hundreds of questions she couldn't form vocally. Settling on a scream, Nihan pulled Defne into her arms roughly, squeezing the redhead tightly. Stomach rolling, Defne groaned in pain.

"Nihancim, please? Let go."

Nihan pulled back, eyes on the ring, missing the greenish hue on Defne's face. "Defne it's beautiful, and huge! Omer has such good taste." Looking up at Defne, she started to tug her friend to the bed, forcing the redhead to collapse beside her on the edge of the mattress. Before Nihan could launch into a fresh barrage of questions, Defne's hand flew to her mouth, paling as she scrambled from the bed and out of the room, hearing Nihan's surprised call as she fled to the bathroom.

Hugging the porcelain bowl, exhausted, she groaned and sank to the floor. Cracking the door open, Nihan looked inside, concern all over her features.

"Are you okay, Defne?"

"I'm fine. I just haven't been feeling well since yesterday morning."

Nihan entered the room, grabbing a washcloth and running it under the tap. "Was it something you ate?" She handed the cloth to Defne, who smiled gratefully as she cleaned her mouth.

"I don't know. I woke up like this. It's why we stayed an extra night, Omer didn't want me to travel, but I really didn't want to stay longer."

Nihan reached down and helped Defne to her feet, guiding her to sit on the edge of the bathtub. Turning, the brunette picked up her friend's toothbrush, preparing it. Her eyes widened slowly as a thought began to take form. Turning she handed the toothbrush to Defne, eyeing her suspiciously. "Defne... is there a possibility that you're..."

Popping the brush into her mouth, she shrugged. "What?"

"Are you maybe... pregnant?"

Defne slowly stopped brushing her teeth  trying to remember her last menstrual cycle, paling even further as it seemed to have been quite some time ago. Her wide eyes met Nihan's. With a curt nod, Nihan patted her arm, understanding what needed to be done.

"I've still got some tests in my room from when Serdar and I were trying for Iso. Wait here."

Stunned, unable to move, Defne sat with the toothbrush half hanging from her mouth. Pregnant? No. She couldn't be. She'd know, wouldn't she? Oh God, what would Omer say if she were? What would her grandma say? She'd only just managed to get her on board and accept that Omer was going to be a part of their lives again. Her stomach churned violently.

She looked up with glassy eyes as the door opened and Nihan slipped inside holding a box out to her. Seeing Defne was in a state of shock, Nihan gently pried the toothbrush from the redhead's hand, causing Defne to meet her gaze, completely lost.

"Huh?"

Nihan smiled, tolerant as she dropped the brush into the sink, and then turning back to Defne and pressing the box into her hands. "Defne, sweetie. Time to find out, huh?"