xiii

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT
|21|

"DAMN PEANUT steady fuckin' callin'

"DAMN PEANUT steady fuckin' callin'." He laughed as he declined another one of her calls. He had made it to California about twenty minutes ago and he had been declining her calls since earlier this morning.

He was in an Uber on his way to the hotel before Peace and Amaru left for Disney Land. It took the driver about fifteen minutes to arrive to the hotel. He thanked the driver before hopping out with the duffel bag that Peace had dropped off.

As he walked up to the receptionist she eyed him hungrily. She was pretty to him, but in his eyes nobody topped Peace.

"Hello what can help you with today?" She questioned seductively as she batted her eyelashes.

"I'm tryna see what room my wife and son in?" He questioned. "They'on kno' I'm hea'. Tryna surprise them and shit."

"What's the name under for the room?" She asked with the slight attitude at the mention of a wife and child.

"Peace Jones."

The receptionist frowned deeper. She remembered when that girl came in yesterday. She looked young. She just didn't understand why he would marry her. "Room 206."

"One more thing." He spoke tucking his bottom lip into his mouth making her blush. "Have room service move the shit in there to the presidential suite."

And with that he walked off. The woman was attractive but he wouldn't let anything mess up what he was trying to pursue with Peace. It took him about five minutes to make it to the room. Once he made it the room he cleared his throat before knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" Peace's soft voice questioned from the other side.

"Room service." Dayvon spoke as he deepened his voice.

"I didn't order room ser—" Peace started as she opened the door. She smiled widely once she seen who it actually was. "Oh my gosh!"

"You gon' let me in baby?" He playfully questioned as she opened the door wider for him to come in. He dropped the duffel bag on the floor pulling her into a hug, closing the door with his foot. "I missed you bad, Peanut."

"I missed you too." She spoke softly wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I'm sorry P." He whispered into her ear as he kissed her cheek. "We'a talk lata'."

"Ok." She spoke lowly with her head laying on his chest.

"Where Ru at?"

"He's brushing his teeth we're about to leave." She spoke with her head still on his chest. "Why'd you bring so much? We're leaving tomorrow."

"This yo' shit Peanut." He laughed. "That lil bag you dropped off at my crib the other day.

"Oh. Your daughter's mom is very pretty." She spoke lowly.