xxix

one month later.

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT
|22|

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT |22|

"HELL NAW foe." Dayvon laughed as he stared at Doodie, who was getting his already bald head, shaved.

"Really made this grown ass man get outta' his bed to cut air." Durk laughed as he hit the backwood before passing it to Von.

"You down bad Doodie." Dayvon spoke before laughing again as he watched the barber basically cut nothing.

"I gotta make sure my shit right." Doodie spoke as Von passed him the backwood.

"Man ain't shit there." Von laughed as his phone began ringing.

"Peanut💙♾ would like to FaceTime..." Siri spoke, making him smile as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"Wassup Peanut." He spoke as he answered the phone.

"Where are you?" Peace questioned as she laid in her bed watching Cooley High.

"I'm at Durk crib." He spoke. "Look at this shit Peanut."

He flipped the camera to show her Doodie getting his baldhead shaved, making her squint her eyes since her vision wasn't that well.

"Is that Doodie?" She questioned trying to make out the familiar face.

"Hell yeah." He laughed flipping the camera back. "Nigga gettin' a fuckin' hair cut wit' no hair."

"Stop being rude." She laughed.

"Shut the fuck up." He spoke before grabbing the second wood in their rotation from Durk. "Whatchu' want Peanut?"

"Chick-fil-A." She spoke with a smile. "I'm hungry and I don't feel like cooking."

"Bro you said you was cookin' tonight what the fuck." He spoke irritatedly since she had promised to cook his favorite meal tonight.

"I know." She frowned. "I'm sorry, I'll cook tomorrow. My back hurts and my feet are sore. Almost every smell at the shop made me nauseous."

Durk slyly looked over at Von with a smirk before softly laughing since he knew those problems all too well. Peace either had a virus or she was pregnant.

"Ight I'll be there in like thirty minutes Peanut." He spoke lowly before hanging up.

"Ight y'all I'm finna get up outta here." Doodie spoke before shaking their hands, the barber not to far behind him since he was his ride.

"I still can't believe he did that shit." Durk laughed thinking about what had just happened. "You sound mad as hell that P ain't cookin'."

"I am." Von shrugged. "She ain't cooked in like three weeks bro. How she gon' fuckin' tell me stop eating fast food all the time, get me used to not eatin' fast food all the time, and then gon' stop cookin'?"