xxxvi

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"AMARU YOU ready for school baby?" Peace questioned as she softly retwisted his dreads, since he was so tender headed

"No." He frowned as he played on his iPad. "Mommy I don't want to go."

"Why not?"

"Them kids be weird, on foe nem." He spoke as he played Subway Surfers.

"Boy." She laughed as she parted another one of his dreads. "How do you want your hair styled?"

"Like my daddy's." He spoke.

"lIkE mY dAdDy's." Peace mocked rolling her eyes.

"Yo' ass be hatin' Peanut." Von laughed as he came from the bathroom, wiping his wet hand on his pants.

"Get a napkin." Peace spoke as she frowned up at him.

"Girl shut the hell up." He spoke laying on the couch, next to her. "Grandbabii we goin' to the mall sometime this week gang. We could go today but her big head ass gon' be on yo' head all day."

Amaru laughed loudly making Peace frown at the both of them. "I can't stand y'all."

"It's all love babyyy." Von stretched out as he kissed her neck. "Ain't that right g-babii."

"Right mommy. Chillout lil folks." Amaru spoke before yawning laying his head on Peace's leg.

"Y'all always on me." She spoke before laughing as she added the locking gel to the tips of her fingers, adding it to the root of Amaru's hair, palm-rolling it to the opposite direction.

(A/N: i just taught y'all how to retwist dreads now pull that 'yeah i know how to retwist dreads' card🌚)

"Girl shut the hell up." Von spoke as he laid his head on her shoulder. "What you doin' toma'?"

"I'm going to get my hair done."

"Cool, we goin' on a date." He spoke before pulling his phone from his pocket.

"How should I dress?" Peace questioned as she softly parted another dread, as Amaru slept.

"Comfortable. We goin' to the beach afterwards." He spoke softly as he kissed her shoulders.

"That's our favorite place. I love that for us." Peace laughed as she twisted the last of Amaru' dreads.

"On god." Von nodded. "Where we get allat' shit off our chest."

"I'm so glad I'm done." Peace spoke letting out a sigh of relief as she grabbed a Kleenex from the table wiping the grease from Amaru's forehead. "Can you go lay him down?"

Von slowly grabbed Amaru from Peace's lap, careful not to wake him. Peace watched as they descending into the back, as she grabbed all of the hair products she used placing them into the hair bucket. She walked into the bathroom squirting the soap into her hand as she turned the water on. Once she was done, she exited the bathroom grabbing a paper towel as she felt hands wrap around her waist.