xxxvi

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT
|22|

"GRANDBABII WHAT you cryin' for?" Von questioned as he looked back at Amaru who was crying in the backseat as they pulled up to his school

"I don't wan' go daddy." Amaru spoke through tears as he looked around the school

"You gotta' go Grandbabii, youn' wan' be smart?"

"No." Amaru shrugged.

"Climb up here folks." Von laughed as he pulled his phone out to FaceTime Peace.

Amaru unbuckled his seat belt and climbed into the passenger seat just as Peace answered the FaceTime call.

"Hello?" She spoke tiredly as she stared into the camera. "Why are you crying Ru?"

"Ion' wan' go to school Ma." He cried as he looked into the phone.

"Why not Ru? You can make frien—"

"I don't want no friends." He yelled through his tears making Von frown.

"Aye, chillout. Don't talk to her like that." Von spoke sternly as Amaru wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry." Amaru spoke softly.

"Wipe yo' face." Von spoke handing him a napkin. "If you go in there, we'a play the game all night."

"Really?" Amaru asked as he wiped his tears.

"N—" Peace started before Von cut her off.

"Yea' foe nem. Wipe yo' tears. Gon' 'head in there." Von smiled as Amaru grabbed his small book bag from the backseat.

"Love y'all." Amaru spoke after hopping out of the car. The older kindergarten teacher help Amaru to the line of kindergartens.

Von waited until he walked into the building before pulling off as he looked at Peace on his phone, she was now in the bathroom washing her face.

"Can we go to your mom's house now? I'm so tired." She frowned as she rubbed down her face with the hot white towel.

"Yeah, you hungry? I'm finna get some McDonald's."

"Can you get me a sausage biscuit,two hash browns, and a medium caramel frappe." She spoke as she started the shower water.

"That's it?"

"Yes."

"I'll be there in thirty minutes P. Ima' calm you when I'm outside." Von spoke before he hung up. It took him about fifteen minutes to make it to the nearest McDonald's, and the line was packed making him sigh loudly.

After about six cars in front of him he finally made it to the intercom where he placed his order before pulling up to the second window.

"Yes your total will be— Oh my god you're King Von." The cashier spoke as she turned around. She looked no older than fifteen making Von smile through the mask. He watched as she basically asked with her eyes could she take a video making him laugh.