xliii

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"YOU WERE really going to lock me in the basement?" Peace frowned as she held up the rope that he had in his car

"I wasn't gon' lock you in there." He shrugged. "I was gon' TIE you up down there. You'ca come upstairs to eat and shit."

"Dayvon you were really going to lock me in the basement if I said no?"

"I just said I wasn't gon' do that. Was I goin' keep you in the basement until you said yeah? Yes I was. You was just gon' be tied up. You could come upstairs as you please, if you can get the knot out." He spoke as he turned into the Chick-fil-A drive thru. "This muhfucka always packed."

"That's not funny Von." Peace spoke as she gently pushed the said of his face.

"Ian laughin' ma. I'm dead ass. If you woulda' said no I was gon' tie you up in the basement until you said yea'." He spoke as he kissed her check. "But you said yea' ma, so yeen' gotta worry about no basement."

"Ok, I don't want to marry you." She shrugged jokingly making him slowly look towards her.

"You really gon' say some dumbass shit like that while I have rope and loaded weapons in the car?" He questioned as he pulled up to the speaker. "Yeah let me get'a uhhhh— two muhfuckin' ten piece nugget wit' a large macaroni and two large fries."

"Ok your total is twenty-two fifty-seven." The cashier spoke.

"Now back to what I was sayin'." He spoke as he waited behind the person at the window. "You don't have no other choice but to marry me P."

"Wha—"

"Girl you think I spent three hundred and fifty thousand dollars on that ring just for you to say you don't wanna marry me?" He laughed. "Say that shit again and ima' show yo' ass that 'til death do us part shit a lil early ma."

"You so aggressive." She laughed as she looked at the ring. "This thing is seriously huge. Why would you spend over a quarter million dollars for a ring? Walmart has nice rings."

That. That's why. He thought as he looked over at her. He loved how he came into her life with his pockets flooded and she never asked him for a dollar. He loved how she would try to argue with him on going half on the mortgage, or the bills, or would fight over splitting the bill when they went out. That's why she had to be his wife.

"Shut up P." He laughed as he grabbed the bag from the cashier.

"What? They do. I seen the prettiest pink ring their." She spoke as he handed her, her food before pulling off.

"How you want our wedding P. I'm thinking of some hot shit." He smiled as he turned into the direction of the beach.

"I want to elope in Vegas. Just me and you." She shrugged as she popped a nugget into her mouth, grabbing another one and holding it up to Von's mouth.

"Youn' want no big wedding?" He questioned as he bit the nugget out of her hand.

"No." She shrugged. "I would want our families involved. Nothing big though."

"Ian' never heard that one." He spoke. Though he could count how many weddings he'd been to on one had, he was close with each of the grooms and he had watched the brides be complete hell. From expensive ass dresses they would only wear one time in their life, to big ass expensive flowers that they would throw away after the reception.

"I never understood the concept of weddings." She spoke as he pulled up to the beach, pulling his food from the bag. "Being in a room full of people, some you're close with, some you talk to from time to time, to some you don't even know. Their watching you silently for about two hours in a moment of intimacy watching you confess your love for your life partner. I don't understand it."

"So you don't want no big shit?"

"No." She spoke as she scooped some macaroni into her mouth, following it with a fry. "After we elope we can have something simple with our family."

"We'ca do some here." Dayvon spoke. This would be the perfect place. It was where they had confessed all of their feelings and fell in love. This would be the perfect place to confess it to the people that meant the most to them.

"Let's book the flight for next week." Peace spoke. The idea of being engaged for over a year, and all they were doing was eloping didn't sit well with her.

"Here. Gon' head book it." Von spoke as he handing her his credit card. "I'm really finna get married gang."

"Don't try to back out now hoe." Peace laughed as she went to American Airlines website to get there tickets.

"Shut up thot." He shot back making her side eye him while laughing. "Ain' nobody tryn' back out. I jus' know me from a year ago wouldn't even let will you marry me fall out my mouth. Now I'm finna get married next week."

"A lot can happen in a year." She smiled softly as she finished booking the tickets, handing him back his card. "Hmm."

"A lot of shit. Put it in yo' purse." He spoke making her nod and place the card into her purse. "I'm glad that shit was witchu'."

"Me too." She spoke softly as she looked over at him. "I remember Ru told me one time he had a dream that we got married, and now we're getting married."

"Gang ass wan' be that's so raven and shit." He laughed as he placed his hand on the side of her face. "I'm glad he jinxed us and shit."

"My grandma would tear me apart if I told her I wanted to elope." Peace laughed as she thought about the mouthful that Afeni would be yelling about her getting eloped. Afeni was traditional. She always had the idea of all of her granddaughters, especially Peace getting married in a gorgeous white dress, their hair all pretty and tied back under a gorgeous white veil.

"She prolly' jus' wanted to see you lookin' all pure and shit." He laughed as he thought of something. "Too bad you can't wear white huh?"

"Shut up you asshole." She laughed as she caught on to what he was talking about. Since she had 'sinned' and lost her virginity before marriage she wouldn't exactly be pure so she could wear white but she wasn't supposed to.

"We gotta' celebrate ma." He spoke as he pulled out two pre-rolled woods and two lighters from his pocket.

"You know me so well." She spoke as the both held the woods up to their mouths in sync.

"To Mr. and Mrs. Bennett." He spoke as they both light their woods and took a pull from it, inhaling then letting it out and pulled each other into a kiss.

(●''●)

i wrote this in like an hour so it ain't shit but idc💔.

3 more chapters until it's over💔💔💔💔.

i really feel like that about weddings because like wtf. im marrying one person not all of y'all, and why is all y'all staring at me fake crying and shit?? The hell.

i hope y'all enjoyed this shitty chapter poohs love yall downnnn💕.

byeeeee<3.