Chapter 3 ||Jealousy||

Tam

Reynie gave Tam a small smile as he approached the seat next to her. Tam got out his alchemy book and turned to the page written on the board.

Page 6

As Tam was furiously trying to copy down some notes Lady Galvin had written while they were in the bathroom, He heard something he wished he didn't, distracting him from everything around him.

"At least you are here." Keefe started, turned towards Sophie. "Finally, someone I love."

A rush of emotions flew into Tam as he saw Sophie look away and blush.

Anger.

Anxiety.

Betrayal.

Hurt.

All of which formed and extreme amount of,

Jealousy.

Tam took a deep breath to calm himself down.

He didn't mean it in that type of way, Tam. And even if he did, you shouldn't feel this way. He literally splashed your perfectly good hair in paint! And he has the audacity to complain?

Tam rubbed his temples to make his brain shut up as he tried to bury his emotions. He continued to try and write down notes, but considering the 13 minutes of sleep he got, it was nearly impossible. And the whole Keefe situation wasn't making it any better.  He decided to just give up and rest his eyes for just a couple of minutes...

"Alright!" Lady Galvin's cold voice startled Tam out of his sleep. " The bell will ring in 15 minutes! I will give you this time to work on your homework. Dawna, may you please pass out the home work while I collect the notes?"

"Of course!" Dawna, a dark skinned, and brunette curly hair girl exclaimed.

Tam rubbed his eyes and he straightened up. He silently cursed at himself for only writing down a couple of lousy sentences.

 .Nogginease is the elixir to help kids focus on studying... Main ingredient =  limbium.

. Limbium is a substance that can be found in certain Medici

It wasn't even two whole sentences because he got too lazy to finish the second one. 

Stupid, Keefe. Stupid, school hallways. Why are there so many goddamn hallways in this place?!

Dawna skipped around the classroom joyfully as Lady Galvin walked around collecting notes. She walked around the classroom examining everyone's notes. She continued walking at a steady pace until she stopped at Keefe's. Lady Galvin had a look of anger on her face.

"Keefe! What is this!? Two lousy little sentences!? First, you come late to my class! Then, you give me attitude! And now, this!? " Lady Galvin yelled, while hovering over Keefe .

"Uhm, I can explain, Ma'am." Keefe started but Lady Galvin didn't let him finish.

"Keefe, I don't want to hear it right now. You can explain it tomorrow at detention." Lady Galvin said while giving Keefe a deadly smile.

"Hey, now, what? Why two days!?" Keefe whined.

"Oh, I meant today, tomorrow, AND Wednesday." Lady Galvin spoke in a innocent but evil matter.

Keefe just sat there, dumbfounded. He said something to Sophie Tam couldn't hear and and smacked his head on the desk. Sophie just rolled her eyes, shook her head and said something back.