Chapter 25 || Broken Plant ||

Keefe

Keefe rushed down the stairs of Candleshade. Unaware of how much noise he was making as he practically stomped down the stairs. Keefe soon heard a voice that made him stop dead in his tracks.

"Keefe!" Cassius' muffled, angry voice shouted from upstairs. " How many times do I have to remind you? Stop making so much noise! It's ridiculous! And where are you going anyway?"

Keefe tried to think of a good excuse before he opened his mouth.

"I-uhm. I- One of my friends said they'd drop a surprise off at our door! I heard a knock!" Keefe yelled back.

"Well, I heard no knock!" Cassius shouted back.

How was Keefe going to respond this? He couldn't just say "we'll get your ears checked" because there was no knock. His dad was growing suspicious. And that wasn't a good thing.

"Uhm, maybe there wasn't anything! Maybe I just misheard!" Keefe tried reasoning.

"Well, then go check!" Cassius shouted, becoming angry for no reason.

"Well, I would if you would shut up." Keefe muttered under his breath as He finished walking down the stairs and sluggishly walked towards the front door, his ecstatic mood, gone. Dad of the Year really knew how to plummet Keefe's mood.  A gust of cold wind smacked him in the face as he opened the front door to find a very impatient looking Tam which made a smile spread across his face. He plastered a smirk on his face as he opened his mouth,

"Why, hello there, gorgeous." Keefe flirted as he ruffled his hair, which resulted in Tam rolling his eyes and blushing. 

"Hey FunkyHair." Tam greeted. "Can I come in?"

"No, you're going to stay in the cold for the whole night while I make  2 servings yummy food for me to eat all by myself because I totally invited you for us not to hang out together in my room and watch movies while eating food and somehow make room for studying." Keefe joked as he gasped for air.

"Woah, it's scary how you don't even use comma's while speaking. I just thought your writing grammar was bad." Tam teased, and this time, it was his turn to smirk.

"Comma's are overrated. And they are for losers like yo-" Keefe started but a cold harsh voice from upstairs interrupted him.

"Keefe! What's the deal down there!? Who are you talking to!?" Cassius yelled from his room.

Keefe gave Tam a nervous grin that screamed,

!!Please help me from this mad man that is my somehow my father even though we act like we aren't related because we are both disgraces in each other's eyes!!

Tam just gave him a sorrowful look and shrugged.

It took a second for Keefe to answer, which in those couple of seconds he was trying to figure out a lie.

"Uh-" Keefe started. "I was just talking to myself! I was uhm- confused! I swore I heard a knock but, there is nothing here! Everything's fine, father! It must have been the wind!" Keefe stuttered.

"But there is no breeze outsi-" Tam started but Keefe shushed him. Keefe spoke once again but in a whisper.

"Shh. We need to get up in my room. My dad is suspicious and that's not a good thing." Keefe said as he once again pulled Tam by his hand into his house., which made Tam drip over the bottom of the door frame. Which in no surprise, caused quite a bit of noise.

"Shh!" Keefe hissed as he pressed a finger towards his lips.

"Then stop dragging me by surprise, dumbass!" Tam snapped back.