Chapter 29 || He knows ||

Tam

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Keefe!

Tam hated to lie. He hated when people lied to him. It all comes back to the whole "trust thing". If there was one thing Tam knew people valued, it was trust. And he could tell by the look on Tiergans face, he broke his trust.

Linh sat at the dining room table, avoiding any eye contact with Tam what so ever. She almost seemed, guilty? While, Tiergan stared at Tam with an ashamed look in his eyes, which made Tam feel a whole lot worse. He would've rather had Tiergan scream in his face and tell him how much of a stupid decision was. Sneaking out... What has Keefe turned him into?!

"Where were you last night, Tam?" Tiergan asked. "Don't even try lying to me. I have a good idea where you were last night." He warned.

"I'm sorry, I was just-" Tam tried apologizing but Tiergan cut him off.

"I am not asking for an apology. Because trust me, you will be the most sorry you've ever been when you find out what your punishment is. I need to know were you were." He said as his voices turned a bit more angry.

Tam started to shake a bit. He took a shaky sigh and decided to tell Tiergan the truth. He had already lied enough.

"I-I was at K-Keefes house." Tam admitted, ashamed. Just as long as Tiergan didn't know they were dating, Tam was fine with telling him that he and Keefe were on good terms.

"Doing what?" Tiergan pressed.

"Studying and watching movies..." Tam replied hesitantly. Why was Tiergan so interested?

"And you stayed the whole night, correct?"  Tiergan asked.

"Y-yeah." Tam admitted.

Tiergan hummed as he started to put together the pieces.

"So, you and Keefe are friends? Or?" Tiergan asked skeptically.

"Y-yeah. Something like that." Tam admitted.  Now Tam was getting nervous. He couldn't possibly know. Unless...

"Are you sure?" Tiergan question again. "You can tell me things Tam."

"We're just friends!" Tam pressed. There was no way he was letting Tiergan know. He simply just wasn't ready. 

"Tam, I already told him you guys were dating!" Linh interrupted, finally saying something since Tam had returned home. But the thing was, Tam wished she hadn't said anything at all. It was almost as if a knife went through his heart. Linh knew he wasn't ready to let Tiergan know so, why'd she tell him? So she didn't get in trouble? If so, that was a pretty selfish move.

Tam slowly looked over at Linh with an expression that was hard to describe. He wasn't angry at her. He was just... hurt. That would be the best word. 

"Why?" Tam asked quietly as he looked over at her.

"Because, he was skeptical about you. And I told you I was going to tell him if I started to get in trouble..." linh answered as it was clear she started feeling guilty when she saw her brothers expression.

"Oh, I see." Tam said quietly. He didn't want to yell at her. Yelling wasn't really his thing unless it was with Keefe. But he was mad- no- furious- actually no, he was livid . 

"Tam once you get back from school, I'm going to talk with you, alright? Now eat. You are going to be late." Tiergan demanded.

But Tam didn't acknowledge Tiergan or his words at all. He simply walked towards the front door and opened it.

"Tam! Get back in here!" Tiergan yelled as Tam slammed the door with a loud thud. Tiergan chased after Tam but Tam had already held his Crystal to the light. Tiergan rushed to open the door but Tam was already gone...