Chapter 30 || Love ||

3rd person POV

Quiet laughs echoed through the empty school hallway as shoes rubbed against the shiny school floor, creating a "squeak" sound every time one of them took another step. Keefe didn't know if ditching was a good idea but he never knew if anything was a good idea. He was so impulsive but, everything always seemed to turn out fine.

They both finally made it outside Foxfire as Keefe finally let go of Tams hand. They both took a breath of fresh air and admired their surroundings. They had never really took the time to appreciate the little things the elvin world had. Sure, the grass was always green. Sure, the water was always crystal clear. And sure, the sky was always the perfect shade of baby blue. But something felt different. It had felt...safe. Like it used to before the whole neverseen had happened. Maybe it was because they were right next to eachother and the only thing that mattered was them. Together. And happy as ever. Or maybe it was just the fact they didn't care. They didn't care anymore. Something just...felt different. But, the good kind of different.

Keefe broke the amazing silence and said. "So, where should we go?"

Tam thought for a moment. Where really was there to go?

"I don't know. Where do you always go when you ditch." Tam asked.

"In the bathrooms." Keefe admitted.

"Ew." Tam replied, disgusted, as his nose scrunched up at the thought of it, making Keefe give a small laugh. 

Confused about what they should do next, they both each pondered about the situation they had. Both Keefe and Tam thought long and hard but none could come up with an idea. They both had to get out of there fast before anyone caught them. 

"I wish Biana was here right now. She would know where to go." Keefe sighed dramatically.

That's it..., Tam thought.

"Someone could totally have their first kiss here." Tam remembered Biana saying.

"The park. You know, the one we went to on the first day. With the blossom trees?" Tam suggested. Keefes eyes lit up.

"Tam you are so smart! Not as smart as me but, still smart." Keefe said jokingly.

"Gee, I guess I'm pretty dumb then." Tam joked back.

"I have better grades than you! What're you talking about?!" Keefe argued.

"Your photographic memory plays a big role in that." Tam said as he rolled his eyes.

"Sure, okay. But just remember, I'm  not the one who couldn't open a WINDOW." Keefe snapped back.

Tam really didn't have anything to say to that so he blushed and kept his mouth shut. Seriously though, who can't open a window?

"Hmph. That's what I thought." Keefe muttered in triumph.

"Shut it." Tam hissed.

Keefe laughed and Tam rolled his eyes as they made their way to the beautiful park. Each of their steps lining up with each others as they locked their arms together. 

...

It wasn't long before they found their way there. 

"Woah." Tam breathed. "Forgot how pretty it was." He said as clearly, Keefe felt the same way. Since it was starting to become fall, the blossoms fell in such an orderly pattern. The colors of the blossoms ranged from white to red and to pink. 

They made their way to the nearest tree with shade and started to sit down. They both dropped their backpacks next to each others and leaned their head against the tree.