Chapter 14 || Scar ||

Keefe

"So, this should be fun." Marella stated as she had a mischievous look on her face and rubbed her hands evilly.

"It's time for a dare."

Oh yay! Amazing! A dare! Now that me and Tammy's secret got out, of course, Marella being Marella, is going to make us do something a is couple-y! Like shove us in a closet again!

Keefe's mind flooded with emotions as he sighed in anticipation. It wasn't the fact of Keefe being with Tam, it was the fact that EVERYONE in the whole entire room would know  about it. Like wasn't there a such thing as privacy? Keefe could tell Tam didn't feel any better about this because he sensed an emotion next to him. And well, Tam was sitting right next to him.

Anxiousness hovered around Tam which smacked Keefe right in the face, since they were sitting only inches apart. Because of this, Keefe smirked at Tam. Trying to cover up the nervousness he as well felt. Tam being Tam, rolled his eyes and tugged his bangs as blood rose to his cheeks, causing his face to appear bright red. Which in result, made Keefe flash in famously annoying smirk in satisfaction.

Cute.

"Alright! Maruca, I'll give you the honors of the first dare!" Marella exclaimed as she got out Maruca's way and sat behind Maruca.Biana, Sophie, Fitz, Tam, and Keefe, eyed Maruca nervously. All of them anticipating what she was going to say. Keefe grabbed Tam's soft, overly moisturized hand and held is breath.

"Keefe, Tam, I'm going to be nice and have you guys go into a bathroom or closet or just some sort of private room, and you will each ask a question. Ya know, couple bonding moment." Maruca said with a smile.

Keefe was highly relieved to hear this news. One, it would be private. And two, it wasn't even a daredevily dare! It was quite simple! Which may have  disappointed  Keefe just a teeny weeny bit. But, it was better than having to, Oh I don't know. Make out in front of everyone? Apparently Tam felt relieved as well because his hand relaxed and he let his shoulders drop and took a deep breath to slowly let it back out. Biana, on the other hand, wasn't so fond about this.

"What? How come theirs is so easy? You're going to torture us or something. Aren't you?" Biana questioned as her face had an expression of worry. Sophie looked like she was going to pee herself which made Keefe snort quietly. Fitz looked quite angry but, kept it all to himself. 

Marella stepped besides Maruca and flashed a smile.

"Bi, it's not that bad!"Marella started. " All you guys have to do is, well, I'm just going to put you guys in a closet to talk things out. Because, I'm sure there are some things to talk about, right Sophie and Bi?" She said as she raised her eyebrow, signaling they needed to "talk" about todays earlier events. The whole kiss thing was pretty obvious between Biana and Sophie. The thing was that Fitz didn't even know what was going on.

"Linh and Dex, hmm. You guys are quite tricky... Do the same thing as Keefe and Tam! Ask each other a question and you guys have to tell the truth!" Maruca added.

"Alright lovey doveys! Go on!" Marella exclaimed as Keefe and Tam walked out of Keefe's room with Dex, Linh, Sophie, Biana, and Fitz quietly following behind them. 

"So, where should we go?" Keefe asked Tam, as all he got was a shrug for a response. 

"We'll, I think we are going somewhere downstairs." Sophie said.

"Okay, well, I guess that means me and Tammy boy are going up!" Keefe exclaimed as he dragged Tam by his hand and pulled him upstairs. Keefe heard the footsteps of the other group slowly fade away as they continued making their way upstairs.

"We'll stay in this floor!" Linh called out as their footsteps grew lighter until they couldn't be heard anymore.

"Wanna go to Keefe's homemade room of requirements?" Keefe suggested as continued running up the stairs of CandleShade. 

"That place is too dusty." Tam said.

"Okay... lets just find a place then." Keefe said.

Keefe continued dragging Tam up the floors of the glittery, blinding mansion until they finally found a pretty big, empty room.

The room was still quite dusty, but not as dusty as the storage room. Keefe went here occasionally whenever he needed a place to chill out. His dad rarely came up her so he didn't have to worry about him finding him. 

There were a couple of paintings made by Keefe hanging on the wall. One was him, one was Sophie, another Biana. 

Tam must've noticed because he asked, " Is this your drawing room?"

"No," Keefe started. " Its just where I go whenever I'm having a rough day. Sometimes I find a couple pieces of paper, planning on just sketching, but I always get too carried away."

Keefe noticed Tam give a soft smile as he turned to look towards at Keefe.

"Yeah, yesterday night, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to draw someone and-"

"Did you draw me cause  im so awesome?" Keefe butted in with a smirk plastered on his charming face.

This, of course, caused Tam to once again, blush like crazy. It almost looked as if his face was going to explode at any given moment.

"I- wh- no! I drew- I drew Marella. I hadn't drawn her yet so I decided to." Tam stuttered.

"So does that mean you already had drawn me?" Keefe asked.

"No." Tam replied.

"Yes you have." Keefe stated.

"No I actually haven't. I really wanted to stay away from anything about you because, Well, I couldn't accept  the fact that I- liked you." Tam explained as he fumbled around with the last two words.

"Sheesh. Biana was right. We are hopeless romantics. Mainly you though. Not I. Keefe the Great."  Keefe said as pumped his chest up to show that he was "brave".

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Tam started as he rolled, his eyes.

"You know, if you keep doing that, legend says your eyes will get stuck to the back of your head." Keefe said as he nodded his head confidently.

"Yeah well, legend is wrong." Tam said. " You should really start asking a question now."

"Oh righttt! I forgot about that!" Keefe said as his eyes grew big.

What could I ask Tam? This is like my only time to get the truth and nothing but the truth from him.

Keefe thought of many different ideas but known had really drawn his attention. That was until he recalled his earlier experiences with Tam that day. His scar. His slightly noticeable scar on his right cheek.

Yeah... that's a good one. I think.

"Okay... so. How'd you get that scar?" Keefe asked as he stroked his invisible beard.

Tams eyes grew big and instantly touched the scar with his hand. He stayed quite for a while as Keefe sensed an emotion that he rarely felt with Tam.

Regret.

Keefe could obviously tell Tam was nervous to talk about this topic so he didn't want Tam to feel as if he was being pressured.

"I- It's fine... if you don't want to talk about it." Keefe said quietly as he added a short, "Sorry."

"No, no. I-it's fine. You should probably know." Tam said as Keefe noticed his body start to tense up.

Both Keefe and Tam sat there for a while before Tam took a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. Keefe waited in anticipation as Tam slowly opened his mouth. Only for the quietest of words to come out. But Keefe had heard it. And he didn't need to hear it again.

"It was my dad."

Word count : 1215

Hii! So I honestly don't even know what got over me but I thought I didn't need to upload yesterday for some reason and then when I woke up today I was like.... OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? But it is now out and I hope you enjoyed reading this! Have a great day and stay positive! <3