Chapter 9 || A Heard Laugh ||

Tam

Keefe placed his palm on Tam's soft cheek as he pulled Tam into a kiss.

Tam burst into several different emotions as he felt a fiery spark between them. 

A year of waiting. A year of doubting. A year of self consciousness.

It had all been put to rest.

Tam felt Keefe weave his hands into his hair as Tam softly grabbed Keefe's waist. Tam let himself relax as the kiss deepened. The kiss went on for about 30 seconds, until They both needed to breathe. Tam looked in Keefe's mesmerizing, blue eyes as the pair stared right into his. It was as almost to say,

I trust you.

Which was all Tam had ever wanted. To trust someone as much as he trusted Linh. Of course, it would take time but, he was willing to commit.

Keefe laid his head on Tam's shoulder as Tam wrapped his arms around the blondes body. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Keefe's alarm went off. They got out of the position they were in as they looked in each others eyes once again. Tam was positive he was blushing but, he didn't care. Considering the blonde was too.

Keefe gave Tam a peck on the forehead before he got up to turn off his alarm. 

"By the way," Keefe started. "I feel like your hair would be a lot fluffier if you didn't use gel. Maybe it'll make your hair less horrendous. Just some advice from the amazing, one and only, Keefe Sencen."

" Uh, Okay? I feel like your hair would look better if you'd stop using so much oil! It looks like the leftover grease of a fried egg." Tam said back.

"Hey! How many time do I have to tell you!? Stop insulting the hair! And besides, your hair looks greasy too!"

"Does not!" Tam responded.

"Does too!"

"Does Not!"

"Does t-"

The door peaked open as a familiar set of teal eyes peaked into the closet.

"There you too are!" Biana started. " This was meant for this to be a bonding session! Why can't you guys go a second without arguing!?"

"Hey, we went 30 seconds!" Keefe stated, making Tam blush as Keefe gave him a flashing smirk. 

"Yeah, yeah. Keefe how do I get back to you room?" Biana asked.

"Follow Keefe the Great!" Keefe said as he ran across CandleShade. They went up a flight of stairs as well as turned 19 corners. They finally made it to the familiar room and sat down on the floor. This time, Tam and Keefe sat next to each other.

"So, while you were gone," Biana started. " We got bored of truth or dare so we decided to see who could build the best fort! And the best part, we'll sleep in it! Right guys?"

"Yeah! We were thinking about doing it in teams!" Sophie said.

"And whoever wins get to dare the losing teams!" Dex added.

"Hey, now where did that come from?" Linh asked.

"Adds more pressure!" He said.

"I call Sophie!" Fitz exclaimed.

"I'm with Linh." Tam said quietly,

"No way dude! You're my partner!" Keefe butted in.

"Then who'll be Linh's partner?" Tam asked.

"Uhm. I don't mind!" Dex said 

Tam look pad at Linh for her approval as she went along with Dex.

"Uhm, can I be with Sophie as well?" Biana nervously asked.

"That's cheating! Then you'll have three people!" Keefe stated.

"Like you never cheat, Keefe, and besides there are an odd amount of people so, someone is going to end up with 3 people." Biana reasoned.

"Fine, Fine." Keefe said.

It look a while to negotiate teams but they finally figured it out.

Fitz, Sophie, Biana

Dex, Linh

Tam, Keefe

And

Marella, Maruca

Tam and Keefe huddled to one corner to discuss their plans. 

"What should we do?" Tam asked.

"Okay, I was thinking... we should build a fort using my canopy bed! The sheets will be yellow, and using some of the human figurines I have from Sophie, we can use then to decorate the inside!"

"I like the canopy idea but,  the sheets aren't going to be yellow. Yellow is such a bad color! Why would you like that!" Tam scoffed.

"What do you mean!? Yellow is like THE BEST color in the whole entire world of worlds! Oo! And look at my BatMan figurine!" Keefe said as he scurried to his basket of humanly products. Tam saw him digging for a while before he pulled out a small, Batman figurine.

"See? Batman is awesome and his logo has yellow on it!" Keefe tried convincing.

"Yeah, whatever. How about, I decorate the inside how I want to and you decorate the outside how you want to?"

"No! The inside is the main part! Nobody wants to see your emoness!" Keefe argued.

"Okay, then I'll decorate the outside and you'll  decorate the inside." Tam resoned.

"Hmph. Fine." Keefe reluctantly agreed.

"Wow. Shocker. We actually agreed on something for once." Tam deadpanned.

"I'm just such a good negotiator, aren't I?" Keefe said as he once again, flashed a smirk.

"Actually, I'm the one who made the deal-" Tam started.

"Nope. It was all me." Keefe lied.

Tam rolled his eyes as they thought of their plans to win this competition.

"Alright! Let me get the pillows and sheets!" Keefe called out as he ran out of the room. He soon returned with a lot of supplies.

Keefe dropped them all on the floor as he announced, "Let the games begin! May the best man win!" 

"Or woman." Marella added.

Keefe nodded at this statement as he lunged for the bright yellow pillows and Tam just got a simple white sheet to put on top of the bed. Tam eyed the pillows as an idea popped in hid head.

He picked up one of the pillows and walked over to Keefe's bed. 

"Funkyhair." Tam said.

Tams eyes stared at Keefe as the Blonde looked up to face Tam. Before keefe could figure out what Tam was doing, Tam through a pillow right in Keefe's face.

Keefe gasped and stared Tam dead in the eyes.

"Oh it's on!" Keefe yelled as he chucked a pillow he had on the bed.

The rest of the group saw and started to join in. Chucking pillows, after pillows, after pillows.

The soft laughter of the group was so wholesome.

So pure.

And for once, Tam was part of that laughter.

Word count :1018

Help sorry sorry sorry for not uploading but OMG TESTING is bootie bruh. And I promise I will start a more regular schedule after testing is over! I hope you guys have a great day! Thanks for reading and stay positive! <3