CHAPTER 4: Oh yeah, him

i nearly spat out my drink when i heard his name, my crush's name. i was recently indirectly rejected by him but only a few of my friends know. I'm trying to get over my feelings for him but everytime someone mentions him to me in a teasing manner or if he does something attractive, there's my feelings again. it's like an annoying light switch that flickers on and off.

"HECKS NAH BRO, I CAN BARELY MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH HIM" i complain in a flustered way as i sway my hands in front of me.

"oooh, Yami (n/n)~" all my friends teased me in a synchronized way.

"OH, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, THIS DRINK IS SO DELICIOUS! IT SATISFIES ALL OF MY CRAVINGS!" i quickly change the subject in a very obvious manner to avoid any more teasing.

"nah but actually, we gotta get this done before it turns dark outside" my friend said, saving me and i mentally thanked her.

"what's the matter with the dark?" one of my guy friends stupidly said before he realized the consequences. me and all my other female friends glared at him and said "we're women??? what happens when you mix women and when it's night time outside??"

"that's a neck dude" my other guy friend slapped his neck making him realize how idiotic he was.

we all laughed our butts off but i kept thinking about yakko for some reason, i don't know why but i tried to get him out of my head but he wouldn't leave. alas the hangout finally concluded and we all waited on our rides one by one. i got picked up by my dad and of course he was blasting his speakers like we were at a quinceñera.

"y como te fue, mija?" (and how did it go, mija?) my dad asked as he started to drive home.

"bien, se me fue bien" (good, it went good) i responded while thinking about what we did.

"ah qué bueno" (ah good) we stayed in silence for the rest of the ride home.

we finally arrived home and the moment that i opened the door, i remembered that i live with a sticky smelly goblin. i love her dearly even though it doesn't seem like it, but she really gets on my nerves a lot.

she started to ask me a bunch of questions about where i was, who was i with, what i did, etc. i kept answering dryly until i went into my room and shut the door on her face, not literally but i wish.