CHAPTER 28: putting it together

after that hot mess, we finally went on the search for those ingredients. i took a screenshot of the recipe so it's easier to have on me instead of searching it up every time my phone turned off. i didn't even realize that i forgot a shopping cart so i went back to the entrance to retrieve it. yakko decided to tag along, of course he would after the little incident that just happened.

"ah shoot, i don't have a quarter on me" i scoffed at those pesky shopping carts that had the little coin slot on it. i kept searching in my corny wallet in hopes of finding that specific coin.

"looking for this~?" yakko caught my attention with his sing song tone, holding up a quarter all proud with that snarky smirk.

"oh yakko- could i please borrow that real quick? I'll give it right back when we're done!!" i pleaded in hopes that he'll say yes.

"did you say pleaaase~?" he waved it in my face in a taunting manner.

"yes i did thank you very much-" i attempted to snatch the quarter from his hand, but alas he is a cartoon, so he obviously has cartoon reflexes.

"i don't think i heard you dear~" yakko snickers at my pitiful attempt, waving the quarter above his head like it was a napkin.

"just gimmie it yakko please- there i said it again" i furrowed my brows but in an annoyed and playful manner. like how you would roast a friend, they roast you back and you're acting all pissed but really it's all jokes.

"not if you catch me sweet cheeks~!" he started to run to the other side of the entrance, but i wasn't gonna have that.

i grabbed him by the arm tightly, but not enough to hurt him "bro we gotta get these ingredients!! there ain't no time for tom foolery"

"alright alright! it's all yours princess~" he laughed at my reaction as if he found it cute then handing me the quarter. i muttered a 'thank you' and walked up to a shopping cart, inserting the quarter and unlocking the cart from the others.

"ok now we can shop for the stuff we need-" i pulled out the shopping cart from it's line of clones, re-entering the store. first up, flour.

"yakko do y'all have flour at home?" i asked him whilst my eyes were glued to my phone screen but still being careful of where im pushing the cart.

"yep! in fact, i have one right here!" he pulled out a small flattened flower from his pants, somehow still maintaining it's shape.

"bro you're so corny" i chuckled at the gesture, although finding it sweet.

"c'moooon, you know you like it~" yakko teased, putting his arm around me. i stiffened up and tried to play it off "please, as if"

"your actions say otherwise, you just crumble every time i tease or touch you but you say that you don't like it? actions speak louder than words, sweetie~" i cringed and looked at him wide eyed, not knowing how to reply since i didn't know if he was right or wrong.

"well~?" he smirked.

"we should really get those ingredients- you do have actual flour for baking right-?" the blood rushed to my cheeks, my voice wobbling a bit but trying to keep it cool.

"yeah yeah, we have flour" yakko scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully, taking his arm off of me.

"alrighty then!" i looked at the next ingredient as if that never happened. i can't really tell if i do like him or not. no guy has been this touchy with me before, nor flirty. maybe it's just how he is with other female friends? i can barely tell the difference between platonic friendships or if something is actually sparking between us, it's so confusing. i may have to see if he acts like this to other girls, i don't wanna come off as creepy though. should i?