CHAPTER 25: yum

first, we went to where yakko wanted to get food. apparently he wanted italian, so we went to a local Italian place that has pretty high ratings. i was pretty hungry so i decided to get italian as well.

"alright man, get whatever you want" i look over at the menu, deciding what i want for myself.

"thank you, still you don't have to do this-"

"nah, it's the least i can do. for staying over with a strict schedule and that gnarly slap" i look at yakko's right cheek, seeing a faded mark of what I've left.

"hey, it looks cool though, right? i feel like i look like those legends who have awesome battle scars" yakko fantasized, his thought bubble showing as a glorified version of himself with a scar on his face.

"it looks like you forgot to put sunscreen on your cheek" i snickered, a literal arrow striking through yakko with my words as he puts on a face of defeat. he quickly composed himself when we went up to order.

"yes, let me get uhhhhhh the miso mushroom pasta" yakko ordered, allowing me to do so next.

"and I'll take the shrimp diablo, the level? uh level four. yes, to go" the cashier finished our order and i handed over the money, him handing me the receipt in exchange.

"you like it spicy, huh?" yakko asked me out if the blue.

"yeah, it's yummier like that. you don't?" i asked back.

"i can't handle spicy food all that well" yakko chuckled, earning a smirk from me.

"wimp" i sarcastically joked, earning a nudge in the arm from the cartoon.

"but, I can handle other spicy things~" yakko winked at me.

"you really had to didn't you-"

"i didn't have to, i needed to~"  he wiggled his brows at me, my temperature raising a bit. i nudged his arm, making him nudge me back.

"dude, is that all you got?" i peaked his interest.

"no! just look at these guns! they're massive" yakko flexed his noodle arms. eventually a tiny bicep popped up but immediately drooped down like a deflated balloon.

"that's nice, but here's an example of real guns!" i rolled up my sleeves and flexed my arms, showing some actual muscle. i also started to pose like a greek god.

"number 396?" the employee yelled out with our food in takeout bags.

i ran over and grabbed the bags, thanking the employee and went back to yakko with the delicious smell of our food in the air.

"ok, onto the next place!" yakko announced, grabbing me and leading us to the next stop.