CHAPTER 26: ow

the next place to get food was a bakery i assume. wakko did say that he wanted designer donuts, which i haven't heard of before. i thought that he was being satire and messing with me, but i went along with it.

"apparently, wakko buys these donuts in this hipster town" yakko put a finger underneath his chin, thinking deeply about this unclear location.

"totally not vague" i interjected, rolling my eyes at google maps.

"not my fault he didn't specify, we went all together once but that was a while ago-"

"can't we just bake them? there's gotta be recipe online if they're so well known" i read my thoughts out loud, typing in the recipe for designer donuts.

"not a bad idea, sweet cheeks~" yakko winked at me whilst giving a smug look.

"i know right I'm so smart" i boasted, trying to ignore the blush slightly forming on my face.

"i think i found it!" i showed my screen to yakko. it seemed pretty convincing to me and it was straight to the point, it didn't have millions of pages of the backstory of the people who made them and surprisingly it didn't have much ads.

"great! let's just see the ingredients" i scrolled down to the ingredients list. i was muttering the ingredients out loud until yakko stopped me.

"wait does it have milk?" he pointed at my screen.

"yeah, why?" i ask him a question back.

"I'm lactose intolerant" yakko chuckled, sounding a little worried.

"oh! no worries dude, we can just replace it with lactaid milk, or whatever other milk of your choice" i suggest to him, searching up a grocery store near us.

"oh thank you! i was considering just not eating them if they did have dairy heh" yakko looked away in embarrassment, scratching the back of his neck.

"nah you're gonna eat some too. we'll make a bunch for everyone, not just for wakko" i laughed knowing wakko likes his large food portions.

"this recipe is fit for a dozen, so we'll have to double up on the ingredients if we want some" i suggest. i see that the nearest grocery store is just a few blocks away.

"yeah so--" i attempted to finish my sentence before a stranger bumps into me so hard i fall over. yakko immediately helped me up and tried to confront the guy, but he just ignored yakko.

"it's fine yakko, I'll be fine" i breathe sharply as i dusted my hands off, wincing a bit at the cuts and scrapes.

"fine!? that guy just knocked ya over! he needs to get a taste of his own medicine!" yakko rolls up his invisible sleeves and puffs up his chest.

"yakko it's fine i swear-" i try to stop him, but i kinda wanted to see him beat up that scallywag. the guy looked homeless and drunk, so it was best not to pick a fight with him. i attempt to hold him back without hurting yakko.

yakko managed to squirm out of my arms and chase after the guy, who apparently went inside the grocery store we were going to. i ran after him and went into the store. the moment i went inside, there was no sign of the two.