CHAPTER 9: awh man

[b/f means best friend]

"Yami (n/n)!" my best friend was the one who tapped my shoulder, to be honest i wanted yakko to show up but who am I to decide who shows up.

"b/f!" i hugged her even though she's not too big on physical touch. she jokingly pushed me off of her.

"why were you so red during music?" she recalled my actions when we were singing.

"uuhhhhhh" i was like a car engine starting. if i lied to her, it was pretty much pointless since i can be a horrendous liar and pretty much anyone who believes my lies is gullible. i kept stalling until i ran out of breath.

"c'mon man, i know something's up" she leaned closer which made me step back and cover my face with my hands and giggle a bit.

she kept on teasing me until i gave in.

"why does everyone tease me so muchhh" i complained as i lowered my hands.

"you're very easy to tease" b/f playfully said, which to be honest in my hopeless romantic mind sounded kinda flirty. I'm usually fruity with my friends and they're fruity with me as well so we flirt or make pick up lines for each other a lot.

"well, ya see-" i saw my mom pull up in her car.

"I'll text you about it!" i said to her as we shook hands and i went to my mom's car.

"no manches comadre! y que le pasó después!? (no way! and what happened after!?)" my mom gossiped on the phone as she barely acknowledged me and my sister's existence when we got in the car.

i took off my mask and connected my bootleg airpods. i have terrible luck with headphones so they usually last a month or so, my highest record was 8 months. i clicked on my Spotify app and put my playlist on. i clicked some random playlist so whatever played, i listened to. plus, i don't have premium so i had to be wise with my skips.

we arrived home and i went to change out of my icky uncomfortable uniform. it was getting warmer so i put on a simple t shirt and thin pajama pants. i crashed onto my bed and started watching a movie. two notifications popped up at the same time, they were both texts.

(b/f) so who got you blushing and smiling like that 😏
   sent just now

(yakko :]) hey doll ;)
     sent just now

"does he really need to use the winky face in every sentence now" i whispered to myself, aware of my paper thin walls and my parents super hearing.

i didn't know who to text first, so i played a stupid little game instead of choosing who to text myself. i closed my eyes and clicked on one of the texts and see who i clicked on.

who are y'all gonna text *devious chuckling*