CHAPTER 19: finally, the good part

once every one left dot's room, i sneaked over to the bathroom and got makeup wipes. the look was great, but my face felt so heavy and i don't feel like myself. my eyes felt irritated from the false eyelashes, I'm pretty sure that i inhaled some of the powder dot used. great, just great.

"hmm, it would be a shame to let this hard work go to waste. i should probably take a picture before i take it off." i went to pull my phone out of my pocket, but i didn't feel it there. i quietly panicked and realized that i left it in my bag, which was on the side of the water tower.

i groaned and speed walked to my bag, hoping i would go unnoticed. thankfully nobody saw me, but i wondered where the Warners were.

i walked back with my phone in hand. i didn't know how to take pictures all that well, i knew a few basic angles and kinds of photos. i ended up taking two pictures, a decent looking selfie and a mirror selfie. i didn't smile in the pictures, i felt that would "ruin" the makeup or something. that's another thing, I've never really ''smiled'' in recent pictures of myself.

--tiny flashback--

"ok! I've got the colors, do you have the papers?" i gleefully asked my classmate. we were doing a group project about 3D shapes!

"yeah, but one question" he asked me, i was willing to answer it so I allowed him to ask it.

"yeah? what's up?" i asked as i picked out the colors from the box of art supplies.

"why does your mouth move so weird when you talk? your smile is weird too, you should get braces when you get older" he sassily pointed out my what i deemed to be normal mouth. i didn't believe him for a second, he must be seeing things! i didn't think about what my mouth looked like when i talked or gave a toothy smile. i stayed silent for the rest of the project unless I needed a specific supply.

--fast forward--

i looked at the pictures to see anything wrong so i could retake them, luckily i found them pretty decent. i went ahead and removed some of my makeup but i heard my name being called. i immediately freezed and stopped wiping my face. i only removed some makeup from my forehead, so it wasn't very noticeable. i came out of the bathroom and ran towards the voice until i stumbled into dot's room. my jaw practically dropped to the gro