CHAPTER 27: looking like a maniac

i speed walked up and down the aisles, trying to find yakko. the panic was washing over me like a waterfall. my palms were getting sweatier by the second, i looked around like some sort of crazy person, i was just focused on finding yakko and just purchasing these ingredients.

"yakko!! yakko!!" i called out repeatedly, carefully but quickly scanning through every corner of the store. i sent him a few rushed texts when i heard no response.

(yami) dude where are you!?
        sent 11 minutes ago

(yami) ARE YPU OK?? DID HE BEAT YOU UP THAT ABD??
        sent 5 minutes ago

(yami) YAKKO??
        sent just now

spam texting didn't work unfortunately. his phone might be on silent, right? i should probably call him. with a semi low battery and a worried mind, i clicked the phone icon and dialed him.

"c'mon man pick up, pick up!" i muttered under my breath, still frantically searching around the store until i saw a familiar out of breath cartoon in the ice cream section.

"YAKKO!!" i surprise hugged onto the furry cartoon guy, of course being careful since he seems a bit weak. yakko fell backwards a bit but recognized that it was me and hugged back.

"yami (y/n)!! thank goodness you're here!" he catches his breath as he speaks, letting out sighs of relief between words.

"you scared me dude!! did he hurt you that bad? is he gone now?? how long did he-" i kept bombarding him with these questions, worry drowning me as i examine yakko for any damage from that jerk.

"yami (y/n)! relax, I'm perfectly fine! see, I'm ok!" yakko cups my face to get my attention, that plan working and leaving me speechless. i averted my eyes to the ground, embarrassingly muttering a small 'sorry'.

"it's ok, i forgive you. ya know it's pretty hard to resist worrying over this handsome face so i wouldn't blame your cute self~" yakko formed his warm smile into a smug smirk, winking.

"this ain't the time for that stuff man-" the heat creeped up to my face as it spread throughout my entire body. he chuckled at my flushed face "yeah i tried to find the guy but he outran me, the coward couldn't even finish his fight!"

"oh jeez, well at least you didn't get hurt. i don't wanna be responsible for a cartoon and a drunk guy getting into a fight over a small nudge." i sighed softly and grabbed my phone again, my face still being held.

"do you mind?"

"i do actually" yakko smirked, his gloved hands holding my cheeks.

"you so funny you know that right" i dryly said, searching up the recipe again.

"i know"