CHAPTER 22: ah shoot

i knocked over most of the clothing racks just from taking some steps back. i managed to save one from falling but the rest already hit the ground. my facial temperature rose higher and higher.

"crap crap crap" i muttered when i saw the mess i caused. wakko heard the loud noise and came in to check if everything is ok.

"what happened?" he rushed inside.

"nothing, just Yami (y/n) being a clutz" yakko snickered as he picked up a rack of clothing. dot and wakko helped as well.

"shut up man" i gritted my teeth, man this would be best time to kick the bucket.

"what? it's honestly pretty cute!" yakko teased, earning a raised brow from me.

"yeah, knocking stuff over and causing a wreck is super adorable" i mocked sarcastically as i put up two more racks. the mess was finally cleaned up and dot kicked the boys out again, meaning i have more outfits to wear.

"oh c'mon, can't i wear something comfortable? it feels like you're trying to torture me" i saw the next outfit that dot brought out, it was a practically an exact copy of Jessica Rabbit's iconic dress. she even brought out her heels and purple gloves. was she actually going to make me wear this??

"oh shush you big baby, this isn't even what you're wearing" she put away the outfit, earning a big 'phew' from me. she ended up picking a surprisingly formal outfit, not a dress but a suit. I'm a big fan of formal wear but never got the chance to wear one since my parents don't see it as 'beautiful' on me, maybe because it's not traditionally feminine? who knows.

i tried on the suit and dude, it looked amazing on me. i felt so cool in it, it gave me so much serotonin. i immediately came out of the dressing room with a smile on my face, a real one.

"so you really like this one? i gave it as a joke but you look powerful in it!" dot said with enthusiasm. i posed in the mirror for a bit, i wanted to have a tough expression but my smile kept creeping back on my giddy face. i opened the door to show the others.

"alright let me se-" yakko paused and looked at me with a blank expression. i started to think that he didn't like it and it started to bum me out. wait, i don't need his approval to feel happy! then again it would be nice-

"uh yakko? you in there?" i waved my hand in front of his face, trying to get him to snap out of it.

he finally snapped out of his trance and started to visibly burn up, the sides of his head had steam coming out of them too. yakko then started to melt into a puddle when i patted his shoulder.

"oh shoot- what do i do" i start to panic but then yakko started to form into his normal self again.

"jeez dude don't scare me like that" i slapped him, but my strength got the best of me and it resulted in a loud slap that came with a red mark in yakko's right cheek.

"y'ouch!" yakko held his cheek to soothe the pain.

"oh my goodness i am so so sorry, i didn't even mean to slap you i just reacted so quickly and stupidly and-" i was sputtering out numerous apologies before i was interrupted.

"no worries doll! I'm fine, a lil slap won't hurt me" he smiles and reassures me.

"uh no there is worries, yakko I'm strong that ain't no lil slap. c'mon I'm getting you a first aid kit. what's your favorite food?" i aggressively help him, but i hear wakko say in the distance 'designer donuts!', he must've responded to my question.

"uhhh you don't have to do this, it's no biggie"

"don't worry man, I'll just getcha fixed up and treat you with your favorite food, and apparently wakko wants food too, should i get dot something? ima ask her-" i kept on rambling on and on, until i realized that I'm still in the suit. eh, who cares! i look great and everyone is gonna know it.