007 | the gala

Eyes closed, hot water streaming down her body, steam circulating around in the cubicle, showers are the main way for Kallista to escape reality.

If she could spend hours underneath the burning water, feeling her flesh melt, she would do it in a heartbeat.

With the sound of water crashing down onto the tiles, the steam oozing in the air, the smell of body lotion and shampoo filling her nostrils, Kallista is lost in her thoughts.

But much to her despair, it's time for her to step out of the shower and to get ready.

White towel wrapped around her damp body, she wipes the fog on the large mirror to take a look at her reflection. She winces at the sight of her flushed cheeks, reddened and tired eyes.

Let's do this, she thinks to herself.

It's Saturday, which means she has to attend the Ministry's Gala with Malfoy.

Kallista and Draco have only walked together to work once, which was on Monday. They grabbed lunch on Thursday, during which they spent the entire time throwing insults into each other's faces to the point of forgetting their food.

On the other days, Malfoy visited Kallista in her office. He enjoyed hearing her colleagues whisper about him and his looks, practically drooling at the sight of him as he walked into Howard's office.

But each time he had come in her office, it was to plop onto the couch to either read or take a nap. He wouldn't talk to Kallista and she quite preferred it that way.

Just as she's about to flick her hand to dry out her hair with magic, the wards trigger themselves.

She groans audibly and walks outside to the main hall, the cool air hitting her warm body.

She watches Draco come inside her apartment, hands tucked in the front pockets of his dress pants. He's wearing an all-black Italian suit with silver cufflinks embroidered with the Malfoy crest. His blonde hair is perfectly combed on top of his head, and Kallista can't help but think he looks better with tousled hair.

His expression is unreadable as he steps into the apartment. His eyes roam everywhere, jaw clenched.

"We were supposed to meet over there." She states, putting her hands on her hips. She suddenly realises she's still wrapped into a small towel. Eyes widening at the realisation, she shrugs it off and waits for Malfoy to acknowledge her.

His eyes land on her, standing in the middle of the living room, skin glistening with water and wearing nothing but a towel.

He blinks and gulps and breathes.

"Putain." He sighs, his eyes dropping down to her bare thighs.

Kallista's eyebrows shoot up as the French cuss word leaves his mouth. She snaps her fingers and he suddenly locks his eyes to hers.

"Bonjour to you too, Malfoy." Her eyes roll and she watches him walk to the couch. He takes a seat whilst unbuttoning his vest.

The blond extends his legs in front of him before draping both of his arms over the back of the couch. She notices an expensive watch on his left wrist, matching the rings adorning his fingers.

His lips tug upwards into a smirk. "Is this what you're wearing to the gala?" His eyes roam over her curvy frame quickly.

Kallista can feel her heart thudding as he studies her figure. His gaze is blazing with fire despite the cold colour laced to his irises.

It's her turn to smirk, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

He waves his hand in the air, "If you want to embarrass yourself, go for it."