015 | bienvenue à paris

"That's him."

The smell of coffee mixing with freshly baked croissants wavers in the air as the sound of tires screeching and pedestrians laughing fill Kallista's and Draco's ears.

Engulfed in a thick grey scarf, Kallista tries to keep her body warm. Hands tucked in the pockets of her trench coat, her gaze diverts towards Draco, standing right behind her.

The pair arrived in Paris a few minutes ago, and it's not surprising to say they already want to rip each other's heads off.

They have a mission whilst being in the so-called City of Love: to catch the Dark Wizard who has been slipping through Draco's fingers for months.

"Which one?" Kallista inquires, arching an eyebrow as she watches the blond closely.

Eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowing at the target, the tip of his nose is red because of the low temperatures outside. A black turtle neck hugs his chiseled chest as his hands are buried in the front pockets of black trousers.

"That one." Draco motions with his chin towards a man, in his mid-thirties, sitting alone at a small table on a terrasse of a French café.

Kallista turns around, letting her gaze settle on the man in question. He looks absolutely peaceful, sipping on coffee whilst reading newspapers.

"I have to seduce him?" Kallista asks, her eyes squinting before roaming up and down the man's figure. "Fucking hell, Malfoy."

Draco peers at the man from behind Kallista's shoulder. They are standing at the corner of the street, spying and being everything but discreet.

Her back comes almost in contact with his chest as a cyclist passes by them.

Draco leans forward as his gaze never breaks from the target.

"I can't wait to lock him in Azkaban." He mutters, his mouth close to Kallista's ear. "Let him rot in a cell as small as his brain."

She can feel his body heat radiate on her. It's so cold outside yet he always seems to be warm.

"And what's the plan again?" She asks, arching an eyebrow and trying to make herself smaller behind the wall, colliding against Draco's chest.

Draco raises an arm to rest it above the brunette's head on the bricks, "Stop acting so daft. You know exactly what the plan is."

"I don't want to execute it." She lifts her shoulders in a shrug.

"Stop whining." He exhales, making a few strands of her hair blow. "Don't make me hex you already. We've been here for what— ten minutes, and you're already being a bitch."

Barely turning towards him, she jabs her elbow into the blond's side, making him yelp out loud, "Stop breathing so close to me." Making a quarter-turn to face him, she narrows her eyes at him, "Stop breathing at all. It would make our lives a whole lot better."

His forearm still resting on the wall above her head, he lets the corners of his lips tug into a devilish smirk.

"Go ahead. Wrap your pretty little hands around my throat like you did the other day and strangle me to death. I'd love that."

Her eyes roll. Killing him sounds tempting. Breathing deeply, she locks her eyes to Draco's and lifts her eyebrows, waiting for something from him.

"What?" He asks, his eyes flickering back and forth between hers.

"How do I look?"

Kallista's appearance has changed. Not wanting to take some Polyjuice potion, she and Draco agreed on simply changing her looks.