028 | i dare you

"I swear to Salazar, Kallista... If you don't hurry the fuck up, I will come inside and drag you by the ear out of the bathroom. We are late."

With his ear pressed to the wooden door, brows furrowed and hand wrapped around the doorknob, Draco listens to her moving around in the bathroom. He rolls his eyes with annoyance when the sound of her soft laugh echoes.

"So violent," she chuckles quietly. "Give me a sec, Malfoy."

Draco grunts as he strides towards the couch to settle down. He knows the witch, she takes ages to get ready.

It's a Friday evening. Some would say Spring in London Town wouldn't be as beautiful as in the countryside. But the trees are greener than ever with flowers blossoming in the parks. The sky is as blue as the ocean and only a few clouds drift hastily in the flowery breeze.

Kallista and Draco haven't spoken about what happened a few nights ago. But everything lingers in the back of their minds — the words, the touches, the kisses.

Fixing the cuffs on the sleeve of his vest, he spreads his legs out and lets his gaze connect with the television device. He doesn't hear the door to the bathroom open, his attention too captivated by the scene deploying before his eyes.

"What are you watching?" He hears Kallista ask in a soft voice. She is genuinely curious. She isn't here to mock him.

Without shifting his gaze away, he answers nonchalantly, "It's this girl coming back to New-York— Have you ever been there?"

"Once," she simply replies, her footsteps coming closer to where he sits.

"Me too. Anyway. She comes back to New York and there is this blogger— I don't even know what that is— but this blogger reveals secrets of—"

"Oh," Kallista emits a small snort that makes him raise his brows in curiosity, "You're seriously watching Gossip Girl?"

Draco lifts his shoulders up in a casual shrug, "Yes."

Confusion is laced to her voice, "What happened to Gilmore Girls?"

His eyes are still mesmerised by the scene of Serena kissing Nate passionately. His eyebrows raise, "I'm bitter about the fact Jess left Rory. He loved her," he slowly turns to Kallista, "so why did he leave?"

Blue meets silver. He always notices her eyes before anything else. In a delicate voice yet laced with confidence, she says, "Because he thinks he wasn't good enough for her."

A beat passes. Draco frowns, "That's bullshit."

And when he finally detaches his gaze from hers, that's when Draco thinks his lungs give up on him.

Kallista stands still with her gaze focused on the golden chain she tries to attach to her wrist. Dressed with a red dress, hugging her frame and reaching right below her knees, she manages to make Draco forget all about his surroundings.

When he stands to his feet, their eyes connect before hers scan his frame. She blinks, sucking in a breath at the sight of Draco wearing an all-black Italian tuxedo.

He is so devastatingly beautiful that it hurts. Her chest aches because she can't deny that fatal attraction any longer. Can't even function properly when he is around, and Gods, the torment is pure torture yet she doesn't mind to be under his curse as long as the destruction is mutual.

"Remind me where we're having dinner again?" She inquires slowly, meeting back with silver.

"The Manor," Draco drawls with a deeper tone. Chills rush down her spine.