008 |rumour has it

Draco wakes up with his heart pulsating extremely fast inside his thoracic cage, head spinning and ears drumming.

It takes him a few seconds to come back to reality and to press his fingers to his eyes before adjusting his sight to the dimly lit room.

Just as he rakes his hand through his blond locks before wiping some pearls of sweat dripping off his forehead, the door to the bathroom opens.

Astoria comes out, wrapping her robe around her body, ready to crawl back into bed next to her lover.

Draco sits up and leans against the headboard and groans. It's only 2 in the morning.

"Nightmare?" Astoria asks in a small voice, reaching her side of the bed to slide underneath the thick comforter.

"You could say that." Draco rasps out. He places his hands on his face, rubbing the heat out of it.

His eyes close, and his mind travels back to his dream.

Ocean blue eyes. Plump lips. Caramel and sun-kissed skin.

"Fuck." Draco lets out a muffled groan.

It was indeed a nightmare. Why? Why would Draco even dream of that woman sighing in his mouth as his hands roam along her curvy frame?

"Do you want to talk about it?" Astoria asks, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Draco looks back at his girlfriend. She's lying on her side, head popped in the palm of her hand as she watches the confused man besides her.

His eyes travel down to her exposed collarbones, down to the way her breasts are almost spilling out of her nightgown because of the way she's positioned.

"No." He mutters, his eyes travelling back up to meet Astoria's brown ones. "Are you tired?"

Astoria's eyes darken, "I suppose not."

He pushes the witch down on her back as he straddles her waist, fingers hooking underneath the straps of her dress. "Good."

It takes less than a minute for Draco to focus back on the brown eyes staring up at him.

———

"Good morning, Miss Howard."

Kallista smiles at Coralie, one of her paralegals as she walks towards her office, a cup of coffee in hand.

"Hey." Kallista smiles at Kaïa before stepping inside her office.

The Devil is sitting on her desk chair — again. His feet are popped onto the desk as his eyes are focused on the television in the corner of the room. He throws a grape in the air before catching it swiftly in his mouth.

"Malfoy." Kallista sighs and closes the door. She takes long strides towards him, heels clicking on the floor as usual.

"You need to get rid of this bad habit." She mutters, pushing his feet off her desk. "Get up."

Ocean blue meets stormy grey. He arches his eyebrows up before popping another grape into his mouth.

"Good morning." He says bluntly, not budging.

Kallista groans and grabs the collar of his uniform to pull him up.

"I don't have time for your bullshit, Malfoy." She snaps at him, her hand gripping on the black fabric. His lips curve upwards into an amused grin. "It's Monday and not even 9 in the morning."