042 | reflections

"Mrs. Malfoy!"

Gods, what do these people want? Can't she walk in the streets without being followed by a horde of journalists? Is her hair even good-looking right now?

"Mrs. Malfoy!"

"Kallista," Kaïa chuckles, nudging her friend's shoulder with hers. "I think that's you."

The brunette straightens herself, adjusting the bouquet of flowers in her arms. "Oh, right."

Yes, despite that golden ring on her finger—which doesn't budge a single nanometre whenever she tries to take it off, proving that Draco's feelings for her are as strong and intense—she sometimes forgets she is bearing his last name.

She pivots, gracefully and carefully so, to face a journalist from the Daily Prophet, a flying camera next to her as it casts blinding flashes whilst photographing the witch.

"Hi, Mrs. Malfoy," the journalist beams. "I'm Claire Greystone, an intern for the Daily Prophet. I saw you crossing the street with those flowers and just wanted to say hi."

Kallista can't help but smile softly at the young blonde. "No questions to ask?"

Greystone shrugs. "Well, I do have a list of questions ready for you, but it would be an honour to have you in my office to answer them around a cup of tea."

Kallista turns to Kaïa. "When do I have some free time?"

Kaïa has the lawyer's schedule ingrained in her mind. Without thinking for too long, she answers, "Friday morning?"

Kallista turns back to the journalist, a soft smile spreading across her lips. "Friday morning."

"It's settled then. I can't wait to hear more from you—" She waves her wand in the air, making the camera fly into her purse. "You're an inspiration to young witches. I'll make sure these pictures of you and those flowers make the cover of tomorrow's edition."

Unimpressed yet touched by the sweet witch, Kallista smiles, noticing how the journalist's gaze lingers on the diamond shining on her right hand. "That would be an honour. Thank you, Claire. Owl Kaïa the details for our meeting."

Letting her best friend wrap her arm around hers, they turn in sync on their heels, and as they round the corner of the street, quiet giggles erupt.

"Look at you being so popular," Kaïa teases.

The brunette shrugs, enjoying the feeling of the air as the sun's ray beam upon her face. "That's weird. I feel like ever since I married Malfoy, more attention has been on me. It's like I have to be extra careful about what I do and whom I'm seen with."

"That's normal. You're Malfoy's wife—everyone is talking about him right now. About the fact he might soon be Head of Aurors. And mostly because he's married to you, for Godric's sake!"

"Right," she answers with a timid smile, darting her gaze to their steps falling in sync.

"He's treating you well, right?" Kaïa asks, tightening her grip around her friend's arm. "I'll make his life a living hell if not."

The brunette emits a quiet laugh as they stop in front of their favourite muggle café. She slips away from their embrace to face the blonde, smiling when her blue eyes appear like turquoise crystals with the sunlight radiating upon her porcelain skin. "He treats me more than well, Kaïa. He'll never show you that version of himself, but when he's with me, he's..." She can't even find the right words, and so, she only offers a smile that speaks louder than thousands of words. "But I think I've been able to break his walls down."