Chapter 14

Arjun came downstairs dressed in his casuals. Thaatha was reading newspaper sitting in his armchair. Arjun simply removed his specs and pulled out his tongue . Thaatha yelled at him to which he placed back the specs and pulled thaatha's giant moustache making the older man laugh. A small smile crept on Suresh's face who was watching this seen from a distance. Suresh indeed liked Arjun. Arjun's arrival brought many changes in the house. He was a naughty package and he made the house fill with happiness. All the ladies including his wife were genuinely happy with their another son's arrival. Suresh also wanted to laugh with him, talk to him, advice him, twist his ears when he did something naughty but he felt awkward. Initially his ego didn't allow him to talk to him eventhough he liked him but now he felt awkward to initiate a conversation with him.

As he was in his trance Arjun immediately looked up at him and passed a genuine smile as always but what Arjun never expected was Suresh reciprocated his smile and walked to the dining table. Arjun was surprised.

They all sat for breakfast.

Malini : "enna da engayo kelambita pola.."

Arjun : "aama perimma Vaidehi veetukk"

Paati : "deii saaingalam polame da... Ipove ponuma??

Arjun : "ayyo illa paati... Innaik anga Saapda poye aganum nu madam strict order"

Seetha : "paati anna epovume anni kooda thaan paati... Ithu sari illa "

Arjun : "loosu" he knocked her head.

Seetha : "ahh... Thaatha paaru thaatha intha annana... adikran"

Arjun : "loosu thanama pesna ipdi than kottuven"

Thaatha : "seri seri adichikathinga.. Irunthalum ava solrath unma dhaane da "

Arjun : "meesa iva solrath lam nambathinga... Naan ithuvaraikum Vaidehi veetuk ponathe illa..."

Rakshan choked on his food and patted his head looking at him with wide eyes.

Sumathi : "paathu sapdu da.." She patted his head.

'Ada pavi.. Nethu night ava veetu sevaru kudhich ulla poyit.. Ava veetukk ponathe illayam.... Athaane nee anga veetuk pona? Straight aa ava bedroomukk thane pona'
Rakshan thought.

Arjun : "apo naan kelambiren paati " he said washing his hands.

He moved out. Suresh stood there instructing a servant who was wiping a black contessa car. He immediately turned to him. Arjun smiled nervously at him. Suresh walked to him.

Suresh : "Un.. Unak car ota theriyuma?"

Arjun was taken aback. It was the first time Suresh spoke to him. He immediately nodded his head smiling.

Suresh : "apo intha car vechukko... Bike la alayatha" he said in a stern tone giving the key of the contessa car.

Arjun looked at the car. He always had a fantasy to drive contessa cars. It looked too royal and he liked it. Suresh walked inside the mansion with a serous face.He wondered how his grumpy periyappa cared for him and stared his disappearing figure. He looked up and saw Rakshan standing in the balcony with a smile plastered on his face. He smiled back at him. He got inside the car and drove to Vaidehi's house.

He parked the car inside and got down. He saw a short man with curly hair walking out of her house. He frowned as he couldnt recognise who it was. That man looked Arjun from top to toe and raised his eyebrows.

"Yaaru nee?"

"Ithu vaidehi veedu thane?" Arjun asked.

"Aama.. Nee yaaru?" he said