Chapter one: Mucho tiempo sin verte hermano (Long time no see brother)

Ximena's Pov
Scars; no one likes them but having them is a whole other kettle of fish, I have my scars and to be completely honest I hate all of them because they show things I never wanted.

The most prominent scar goes from the left side of my forehead to the lower right side of my neck, that is very jagged from the fact the person who did it wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.

My life hasn't been great I didn't have a good childhood and then Maria took me away from my dad and that how I landed with these scars.

Maria had spent all the rent money so I had to become our sole provider, I could only do odd jobs for the neighbours at the time because I was still young but when I turned eight Maria met some new friends.

The household chores for the neighbours became selling for the local dealer because I was a cute innocent child.

I went to juvie for the first time when I was nine for being caught selling and Maria's boyfriend lied to the police so I spent a month in juvie.

Juvie changes people, for me it caused me to have trust issues. When I got out of juvie the dealer I was selling for was expecting me to continue selling for him, which in the end was the truth because my parents made me. Otherwise there was no money for us to have a place to sleep.

I have been and out of juvie since due to dealing, stealing and assault apparently. I never assaulted anyone, me and my mum got into a fight and things went south from there and she ended up saying that I had assaulted her.

Today I am going to a job interview with a cafe, I hacked the police database so it would seem like I had no criminal record for employers, Maria said we left my dad because he never wanted me but I turn eighteen this week and know better than to believe my mum I was working towards moving out of her house anyway.

However one night when Maria definitely wasn't sober she told me that my real last name was Bedoya and we were originally from Spain but working for a well known mafia drug lord means I am in the know so I am aware that we run the Spanish mafia and have for the last fifty years.

I live in rural Texas with Maria and Paul her boyfriend I am trying to get my life back to how it was before Maria took me but Juvie changed me I only got out a month ago and since all of my visits I am left with so many scars, including the one on my face and neck, I now have a long scar on my back from when my cell mate went mental, I have a fifteen cm scars from when one of the inmates decided it would be fun to see what happens when someone is thrown at the fence which was electric that happened on my first day in Juvie when I was nine.

In Spain (Third person Pov)
"What do you mean you found her, after all this time we spent searching where is she?" Alessandro shouted at his men who had been searching for his sister since his dad passed away four years ago.

Him and his brother's had been searching to no end to find their beloved sister.

They had the joy of spending the first three years with her before their mother stole Ximena away from them and their father.

The Bedoya boys had never been the same since the loss of their sister and the family shattered further when they lost their father, the family had lost its glue and everyone now had their own lives.

Ximena didn't even know she had brothers until she did some digging into her family, she had five brothers, Alessandro, Lorenzo, Santiago, Carlos and Dante. They were all pretty young, Alessandro was twenty six, Lorenzo was twenty two, Santiago was twenty, Carlos was nineteen and Dante was sixteen.

The Bedoya boys all live together in their family home in Madrid, the boys always made sure to keep a room for Ximena and redecorate it often so it didn't get too boring.

Alessandro spent all of his time as the boss searching for his sister but he never thought he would find her due to her long winded criminal record, he read each arrest report and he knew something was off almost immediately what kind of guardians don't have control over a nine year old to the point were she is selling drugs.

He looked in to the boyfriend Paul's criminal record and saw that he had been arrest for possession of illegal substances on many occasions but was always bailed out at the last minute by the same person every time.

Alessandro knew if he didn't get his sister soon she would end up off worse he had seen that their mother was nearly arrested the other day due to an allegation of child abuse but the allegations were dropped almost immediately.

Alessandro went downstairs and told Lorenzo he was going on a business trip to Texas for a few days.

Ximena was just finished working when Alessandro walked in looking for her, she sighed running her hand through her hair.

Alessandro walked over to her he picked her bag off the ground and put an arm around his sister who tensed.

"Mucho tiempo sin verte hermano." Ximena muttered as she was led outside to her brother's car.
(Long time no see brother.)

"Veo que tenemos otro Dante en nuestras manos, me alegro de verte hermana" Alessandro replied.
(I see we have another Dante on our hands, good to see you sister.)

"Ojalá pudiera estar de acuerdo, pero según algunos, soy una pesadilla." Ximena said to him frown forming on her face.
(I wish I could agree, but according to some, I'm a nightmare.)

"Todos tenemos un pasado ¿Quién soy yo para juzgarte? Tus hermanos y yo también tenemos un pasado, así que preferimos no opinar sobre algo de lo que no sabemos la historia completa." Alessandro reasoned after seeing his sister's face drop.
(We all have a past. Who am I to judge you? Your brothers and I also have a past, so we prefer not to comment on something we don't know the full story about.)

"De todos modos, ¿qué haces aquí? Pensé que estabas en España con los demás." Ximena asked curious as to why he was there.
(Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought you were in Spain with the others.)

"The coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave but one."