Thank You In Advance

"What is that?" Avalon asked.
"It's called a whistle. Surprising, I know." Kian replied.
"Of course it's a whistle. I know that, genius. Im talking about where you are taking me so where are you taking me?!"
"Wow you really do have anger issues."
"That's it. Tell me where we're going right now, okay? Im done playing your stupid games and I just want to..." suddenly, something clicked in Avalon's head and she began to break down. Her anxiety, getting the best of her like it always has. "I just want to find somewhere safe."
"Where we're going is safe." Kian emphasized as kept walking. He didn't realize Avalon was on her knees having a breakdown until she didn't respond back to his comment. He thought it was weird. She was tough and Kian knew that about her so why was she all of a sudden backing down from one of their usual conversations? Kian turned around to see Avalon on her knees a few feet away from him, gasping for air. "Avalon?" He spoke as he ran to her side and knelt down. "Avalon, are you ok?" He didn't understand what was happening or how to help. Yeah, they hated each other but they weren't going to let the other one die. "Avalon?" But she only continued to gasp for air. "Uhh breathe? I don't know, Avalon! What do I do?"
Avalon began to cry and finally was able to catch her breathe back as she slowly and quietly counted to ten. "I want to go home." She cried.
"Avalon, we're so far from- okay, okay. Uh- I don't know what to do!" Quickly, Kian flung his bag off his shoulders and picked up Avalon. He looked at the train that had pulled up just outside of the forest and the way back to he school. He debated it for a while until the whistle blew once again on the train and right then and there, Kian had to make a choice. Carry on with his old plan or help Avalon.

You see, Kian is selfish so there was only one choice to make. He ran. He ran as fast as he could. Where? To the train, of course. With Avalon, who had cried herself to sleep, in his arms. Leaving his one possession left from his mom, gone. The bag.

About 30 minutes later, Avalon woke up on a hard metal surface. A few feet in front of her was Kian who was sitting on the ground playing with a pocket knife. Her pocket knife. He was twirling it between his fingers and didn't stop even when he noticed Avalon awake.
"You're awake." Kian stated as he examined the state she was in.
Avalon looked around. There was a very small rectangle window that Avalon got up and  looked through before turning to Kian. "Where are we?" She asked with a firm look on her face.
"In the middle of no where." Kian said without making eye contact.
Avalon looked out the window again. "We're moving."
"Yes, yes we are." Kian nodded before standing up. "We're on a train. That's where we are. Heading where? I don't know, my plan didn't go that far."
"Your plan didn't- ugh." Avalon's hand met with her forehead and she shook her head before noticing something she thought was very disturbing and an invasion of privacy. "You went through my stuff?!" She screamed.
"I had to make sure you weren't lying about the things you were carrying." Kian shrugged.
"Why would I lie about that?!" Avalon screamed as she looked at the belongings she had taken with her scattered around on the floor. She knelt down and began shoving everything back into the bag. "That's an invasion of privacy."
"Does it look like I care?" He raised an eyebrow before Avalon plucked the pocket knife right out of his grasp and shoved it in the bag with the other belongings. "That's not even your pocket knife." Kian shook his head as he leaned on one of the walls in the small space and crossed his arms.
"Of course it's mine, why else would I have it?"
"You stole it, Avalon. I know you did."
Avalon paused. "How do you know that?" She glared at him.
"Check the bottom of it. It has your brothers initials on the bottom. J.J, am I correct?"
Again, Avalon paused before lifting her chin up a bit, pretending as if she had more knowledge over the topic. "Yes, yes those are my brothers initials. But let's talk about you, where are your belongings?" Avalon smirked as she didn't see them in the small and clumped room. Kian frowned upon remembering what happened to his bag.
"You Avalon, you happened to it." Kian walked over to a basket in the corner of the train car and grabbed an apple, taking a bite. Then he sat down next to the crate.
"Of course you're gonna blame me." Avalon rolled her eyes.
"Fine, you wanna know what happened?!" Kian raged out, abruptly standing up. He threw the apple out the window and came face to face with Avalon but she didn't back away. "I had to make a choice! You or the bag and I chose you, okay?! Now back off." Kian mumbled the last part before going back to sit on hay. She looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with Avalon.
"I- I didn't know. I'm sorry."
"That bag was everything." Kian mumbled, wiping away his tears with his hand.
"Why? Why was it so special?" Avalon asked as she set her bag down beside her as she sat down next to him.
"It was the last thing my mother gave me before she died. I know about he things people say about me in class. I can hear it, I hear it all. It annoys me."
"So why don't tell those people the truth?" Avalon suggested.
"Because they wouldn't understand!" Kian yelled causing Avalon to flinch. "Sorry, it's just- you know the people in our class. They're all goody-two-shoes with parents that love them and-"
"Can I tell you a secret, Kian?" Avalon interrupted. Kian took a breathe before nodding.
"My parents don't love me either." She shrugged.
"Really? But you're smart and pretty and perfect. I know you get good grades."
"Well, looks can be deceiving. Never judge someone without knowing their story first."
"Tell me about it."
The two laughed as they shared this moment that let them get to know each other on a more deeper level than most could understand. The only question is, how deep of a conversation would Avalon let it go before telling him that her own father abuses her? How deep?