Any Luck On the Girlfriend?

That night, Archie had agreed to stay at Veronica's over the time of night. It was a fun time that the five had. They had played multiple games and as much as Veronica and Archie wanted to drink, they refused from doing so at least until the guests had gone to sleep.

"I'm going to bed," Avalon said, wearily. She stood. "Really tired."
"Alright, sounds good." Veronica nodded.
"Actually, Avalon, can we talk?" Noah asked, quickly scattering to his feet.
"Sure." Avalon smiled before they walked off into the kitchen.
"Same here. Night." Kian said, walking upstairs to bed.
"Night!" Veronica and Archie yelled at once before beginning to pack up the game.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, something was going not as expected.

"What's up, Noah?"
"I..." he sighed. "You can't judge me on this, okay?"
"We're friends. I'm not going to judge you."
Noah sighed again before speaking. "I lied earlier. I wasn't running from home."
"You... weren't? Then... what were you running from?" Avalon had received a tsunami of nerves.
"The... police."
"The police?" Avalon shouted causing Noah to clasp his hand over her mouth.
"Shh."
She pried his grip off with her hands. "What do you mean, Noah? What did you do?" She demanded.
"Avalon, listen to me, okay? Just give me a chance to explain myself."
"Okay, I'm listening."
It was as if on cue, Noah rubbed the back of his neck, a bit nervous before speaking. "You know how you have Archie... and Veronica... and whoever Betty is... and Kian?"
"Kian and I... aren't friends. Actually, no, we are. Continue."
"Well I have no one, Ava."
"That's not true. You have me."
"My family, they're all gone. I have no one, Avalon. No one."
"Stop saying that. You have me!" Avalon grew irritated by his banter.
"You don't understand! My family is gone! Gone! They were murdered! My little sister, my mum, my dad. Everyone!" Tears formed in Noah's eyes as he yelled.
"Noah, I'm sorry, I didn't know but you do have someone. Me. Veronica even. Archie. Even Kian!"
"The police. They're trying to find me. I'm wanted they want to put me in an orphanage. I don't want to go there, Avalon. I... I'm scared."
Avalon had never heard a male say that. Society has always said the male is supposed to be the tough one. Of course Avalon knew that was wrong and not how the world should be ruled but it didn't change the fact upon hearing those words escape his mouth. In instinct, she hugged him as he cried.
"It's okay, Noah. Everything is going to be alright. I'm here and Veronica and Archie and Kian are all here if you need someone to talk to."
"I know... thanks." Noah hugged back and after a short minute, pulled away with water dried on his face. "I guess we should head to bed, huh?"
"Yeah, I guess so. But come and get me even in the middle of the night if you need someone."
"I'll be fine."
"I know." Before heading upstairs to bed, Avalon quickly hugged Noah one more time receiving a hug back in response before she sprinted upstairs. After a drink of water and pulling himself together, Noah headed to bed.

The next day, everyone had slept in after the long night. It would have been considered a lie to say everyone got up at noon. No, some even had awakened at one pm. After having lunch and skipping breakfast, everyone but Kian had accompanied Veronica and Archie getting party supplies. When they got home, everyone helped in decorating. Betty had also come over to join in the fun. It was later that night that everyone was getting ready. Veronica had been helping Avalon in her room pick a dress that fit and was stunningly gorgeous. Archie had asked if they needed his help but once they accepted, it was regretted in moments when he pick out a green bow tie, red pants and a neon pink shirt for Ava. Meanwhile in the other room Noah and Kian were getting ready. Kian was on the bed while Noah stood in front of a mirror, fixing his bow tie.
"I think I'm going to ask her." Noah said, turning around to face Kian. He nodded in approval.
"Ask her what?"
"I like her. I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend."
"Tonight?"
"Yeah. You're okay with that though... right? I know you guys have some sort of thing."
"What? No- no we don't."
"Really? Because that's okay. I won't ask her if you want to."
"I don't want to ask her. I don't feel that way about her."
"You sure?"
"I'm gay, Noah. Gay."
Noah stood in complete shock.
"Yeah. Not many people know but yeah."
"Oh... alright. Thanks?"
Kian laughed. "No problem? So how are you going to ask her?"
"I'm... just going to?"
"No!" Kian jumped off the bed. "You can't do that. Think about how you're going to phrase it."
"So you're saying I should write it on my hand."
"I- what- no! Just- I don't know- think about what you're going to say and memorize it."
"Alright. What should I say?"
"I don't know, man! I don't know girls!"
"Me neither!"
Kian hit his forehead with his palm. "Fine. Just wing it then."
"Wing it?"
"Yes. You know, like, make it up as you go."
"Okay. Yeah, I honk I can do that."
"Great. Now I'm going to get some punch."
"It's for the party though."
"And I don't care.' Kian had already been walking out the door. Noah looked back in he mirror once more before Archie walked in and stood behind him.
"Yo. Nice bow tie."
"Thanks." Noah smiled, turning to face him.
"Tonight is going to be lit!"
"Yeah, I agree. I might ask Ava to be my girlfriend."
"Ava? Ava! Aren't you like, 14?"
"15." Noah corrected.
"Have you had a girlfriend before?"
"No. But I've had a sister!"
"Had?"
"She was murdered."
"Oh. Umm yeah, okay. Sisters aren't girlfriends though. You treat a sister differently from a girlfriend."
"So how do I ask Avalon to be my girlfriend?"
"Are you sure she likes you?"
"No..."
"But you like her?"
"Yes!"
"Just make something from the heart, okay? That's the best."
"Alright. I guess I can do that. That's what Kian also said to do so I guess it's gotta be right."
"Kian? That kids a little... weird."
"Agreed." Noah shrugged.
"People are starting to arrive but I'll see you down stairs little bro." Archie ruffled Noah's hair before moving downstairs where most of the party had arrived.