xvii. Police

┓
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
police
{🌼}

                         ┕

PETER WAS wrong, he was so very wrong. It was a huge deal that his identity had been discovered. Everyone hated him, he was a known murder to everywhere.

MJ, Ned and Kalani was all suspected as accessories to mysterios murder. Everything was going so bad that the group of four and May were taken to the nearby police department.

"Peter"

"They have nothing to do with this sir!" Peter told the police offers pointing towards the group.

"Don't stay anything without a lawyer" The three girls called out.

🌼

"I want a lawyer" Kalani told the officer in front of her.

"Miss Evermore, why do you want a lawyer?" The officer began with a smirk.

"If I have nothing to hide?" Kalani finished for him, she couldn't stop herself from having a mental party when she watched his smirk drop.

"Unless"

Kalani rolled her eyes "I'm actually guilty of something"

"Mhm"

"I know my rights." She told his sassily with a sarcastic wave towards the cameras where she knew at least two police offers were watching her.

"Just answer my questions" The officer told her, annoyed with how the girl was acting.

"I've seen your files Miss Evermore, your a smart young women who just wants to keep her grandmother safe with a bright future ahead. Why would you risk it all with getting involved with a Visual anti like Peter Parker?"

Kalani shot a glare at the man inching forward "I'm not answering anything without a lawyer"

🌼

Kalani had received a call from Peter telling her that his charges won't stand and that him and his aunt were in a safe home. Peter also called her not only to hear her voice, but to ask her something important. College applications.

"Have you placed the application in yet?" Kalani asked, pulling her rainbow dotted blanket over her body further.

"I literally just finished my MIT one" He informed her. "You?"

Kalani stopped for a second, she had yet to hand in her MIT college application because every time she tried her mind wouldn't write anything down. Instead it always went back to the dream she had only a few nights beforehand.

They still felt so familiar, and she couldn't shake the feeling that they weren't lying when they said their name was Peter Parker.

"Lani?" Her boyfriend questioned.

Kalani snapped back into reality "mhm. Yeah I finished it"

Peter smiled "imagine if we both got in. With Ned"

"Don't forget MJ" Kalani laughed

"And MJ"

"That would be a dream. But we all need scholarships before we even plan to go" Kalani mumbled.

"Come on. You have the scores, the grades. You'll get in" Peter told her.

"What about you?"

The spider boy sighed rubbing a hand on his face "I won't be getting the scholarship now. We both know that."

Kalani rolled over with her phone "I have a weird question. Is any part of you relived that this happened?"

"Ever since I got bit by that spider.. I've only had one week where my life has felt normal or kind of normal. I guess" Peter laughed "and, that was when you found out because then everyone that was in my life.. that I wanted to know, knew. And it was perfect.. but now everybody knows and I am the most famous person in the entire world. And I'm still broke"

The two broke into quiet laugher, with everything going on Kalani was finally relaxed for once. She got to see Peter smile and she was in a nice warm bed.

"I'm excited to see you tomorrow. It feels like I haven't seen you in years"

"You saw me yesterday"

"I told you at the start of our relationship. I'm a clingy person"

"Wrap it up" Happy spoke "you both like each other we get it. Hang up. There's no new grounding broken. Okay? I need my eight hours"

"Have you been listening this whole time!" Peter asked.

"Don't be grumpy just because your single right now. And Hi Happy" Kalani smiled.

"Uh- rude. And not by choice"

LILAH SPEAKS !

I'm literally 11 minutes in- kill me rn there is so much more to write </3