xix. college

┓
CHAPTER NINETEEN
college
{💌}

                         ┕

IT WAS the next week and Kalani had received her form from M.I.T, after three rejections and two waiting lists she really wanted this letter to say 'accepted'

After saying goodbye to her grandmother Kalani rode her bike over to MJ's work, as she walked in MJ showed her the letter before pointing over to where Ned sat.

Kalani sat next to Ned, ordering a hot chocolate she began to play with the hem of her dress.

Finally the bell to the shop rang, Peter had walked in with his letter in his hands. Both MJ and Peter made their way over to the other two, MJ giving her bestfriend a hot chocolate with a free chocolate donut.

"Okay.."

"Jones.. I told you to take down the Halloween decorations" MJ's boss told her.

"Actually, that was Sasha.. so.."

"I don't care who, just do it"

After a minute of silence Ned finally spoke up "I feel like I'm going to puke"

"Well don't. Cause he will just make me clean it up"

Ned held the letter up "this is our only shot. It's here or no where"

"Hey. Come on"

"Are we ready?" MJ questioned

"Yea"

"yes.."

"I don't bloody know"

Ignoring their answers MJ continued "on three. one, two, three"

Kalani opened her letter, her shaking hands weren't helping her much. Before reading the letter the girl looked at the three others faces, watching them slowly drop. This only made Kalani more terrified, she slowly began to read the letter. Tears threatened to show in her eyes, but not because she had been rejected.

it's because she had somehow gotten in. (don't come at me KALANI NEEDS SOME GOOD IN HER LIFE OKAY)

The four silently looked at one another, before MJ shook her head. Signalling she didn't get in.

"No" Peter informed the group. Before looking over at Ned.

"In light of recent controversy, we are unable to consider your application at this time"

Finally the three looked at Kalani, she contemplated telling them, she simply couldn't understand why she had gotten accepted but the three of them didn't.

"No. no I didn't get it" she told them folding her paper up.

"This is so not fair. I didn't do anything wrong. I mean you guys definitely didn't do anything wrong" Peter snapped.

"Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed" MJ explained shrugging her shoulders.

MJ ripped her letter "you know what. I wouldn't change a thing I did" she told them before going back to work.

Ned also left after ripping her letter, leaving the couple by them selves. "I'm sorry Lani"

Kalani shrugged "I'm sorry aswell"

Peter shot her a confused look "what for"

"Nothing." Kalani told him before pecking his cheek "I have to go, my grandmother wants to know my results.."