3

Chapter3: Masked Man

Land of Wind: Suna / Kazekage Tower

The Yondaime Kazekage was a very angry man when the Jonin assigned to train his three children reported what had happened to him. At first he didn't believe what he'd been told but that disbelief soon changed to anger when he realised that not only did he lose the Ichibi but also that it was now in the hands of an unknown.

"Are you telling me that not only was Gaara defeated but Shukaku was taken by some Genin child from some backwater village?!" the Kazekage shouted in outrage.

"Yes sir," Baki confirmed. "Gaara is alive though no one is sure how that is possible, least of all Chiyo-baasama."

"The Ichibi's previous Jinchuuriki both died when Shukaku was removed from their bodies," the Kazekage said through gritted teeth and leaned back in his chair. "So where do we stand?"

"Gaara still has control over sand and his automatic defences seem to be intact despite no longer containing the Ichibi. However without Shukaku he will not be able to release it during the Chunin Exam Finals in one month," Baki reported.

"This is a disaster," the Kazekage gritted out. "Without a Biju we cannot hope to attack Konoha with any hope of victory."

"With all due respect, Kazekage-sama," Baki bowed his head. "From what Yakushi Kabuto has told us, Konoha has recently lost their Jinchuuriki leaving them weakened. Even without the Ichibi, Gaara is still a formidable opponent and can easily kill anyone that challenges him."

"Do not underestimate Konoha," the Kazekage told him. "They have stood as the 'strongest' shinobi village ever since the founding of the Five Great Nations."

"And yet they've grown weaker since the death of their Yondaime Hokage," spoke Chiyo from the doorway. "Sarutobi Hiruzen may be strong but he is far passed his prime; of his students only Jiraiya-gaki remains loyal to him and other than that there are no other S-rank shinobi in their ranks."

"If there was ever a time to put an end to Konoha it would be now," declared her younger brother Ebizo.

"Chiyo-baasama, Ebizo-jiisama," the Kazekage bowed his head in respect for the two village elders. "Welcome."

"What will you do, Yondaime Kazekage-sama?" Chiyo asked.

"...We'll destroy Konoha."

Land of Fire: Konoha / Hokage Monument

Uzumaki Naruto atop the head of the Yondaime Hokage's face carved into the mountain overlooking the village below with a look of indifference. This village was cursed; ever since it was founded the Senju, Uzumaki and Uchiha clans had been pushed to the brink of extinction while everyone else prospered, living lives of comfort and luxury on the pain and suffering of him and those like him.

Not anymore...

"It's time to begin," he said before he jumped and disappeared in a yellow flash...

Across the village, the Sandaime Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen was putting on his armour knowing that his wayward student Orochimaru would make his move today. Whatever was going to happen, he needed to be prepared, especially considering he didn't plan on letting his student escape again. He already had a lot of regrets...Orochimaru...Tsunade...Minato...Kushina...Naruto...Biwako...he wished that he could have done something for them.

Suddenly an oppressive feeling washed over him, like a lingering wrongness was in the air much like what he had felt thirteen years ago.

'It couldn't be...' he thought before quickly putting on his remaining armour and running out of the door.