6

Chapter6: The Greatest Medic

Land of Snow: Yuki / Head Office

Yukigakure no Sato was possibly the least known of all shinobi villages in the entirety of the Elemental Nations both because of its location and the fact that as a general rule they didn't associate with others. The fact that Doto had effectively had the entire country in lockdown for the last ten years also made it all but impossible for anyone to infiltrate and cause trouble. In many ways its policy of isolation was a lot like that of Amegakure no Sato with the only real difference being that it didn't have anyone of S-rank like Hanzo leading the village or the sheer industrialization that Ame was known for.

However though no one knew because of its isolation; Yuki and the Land of Snow as a whole were more technologically advanced than the other nations with airships, steam trains and the recently created 'cannons' thanks to the Kazehana clan's wealth and accumulated knowledge. The Land of Snow itself was a small island nation far to the east passed both the Land of Water and the Land of Lightning. The distance between it and the mainland made a full-scale assault on the small nation very difficult. In fact only Kiri had the naval forces needed to launch a campaign against Yuki much like they did decades ago when they—along with Iwa and Kumo—destroyed Uzushio. However unlike Uzushio, Yuki didn't have a large number of quality ninja in their forces.

Until now that is...

"I am not going to call you Yukikage-sama," Karin spoke flatly as the masked blond in front of her leaned back in her new chair. "And get out of my seat before I throw you out, Menma-kun."

"Come on, Karin-chan," Naruto grinned from behind his mask. "Just once please," he pleaded. "Menma is a good boy."

"For the last time no!" Karin shouted now on her last nerve.

"You're so mean," Naruto pouted before standing up. "Fine, ruin my fun why don't you?"

"We have more pressing issues right now," Karin sighed as she sat down in her chair. "The fact is that though we liberated the country from Doto's rule and Koyuki-hime is doing a remarkable job at restoring the nation to its former glory—especially with that environmental control device her father was working on to change the Land of Snow into a Land of Spring—the fact is that the ninja need a strong leader to look up too and neither of us has any knowledge on running a shinobi village."

"...What are you suggesting?" Naruto asked.

"Senju Tsunade," Karin replied. "The granddaughter of Hashirama-sama; currently she is wandering about gambling away the Senju fortune after her brother and lover died during the second war. I say we find her and get her to join us. Hashirama-sama did ask me once to set her back on the right path and not the self-destructive one that she is on now."

"Someone will have to look after the village while we're gone," Naruto reasoned. "Who do you have in mind?"

"Honoka-neechan," Karin answered. "She's the oldest of us and has the most knowledge on these kinds of things even though she hates leading people."

"I can use my Hiraishin no Jutsu to teleport us back to the mainland so we won't need a ship or anything," Naruto mused. "Same for getting back unnoticed."

"...Oh, I almost forgot," Karin added before reaching under the desk and taking out a large scroll. "Honoka-neechan found this in the vault; it's a summoning scroll for the Hawks. She told me to give it to you," she explained as she handed over the scroll.

"Why don't you sign it?" Naruto asked curiously as he examined the scroll. 'Weren't the hawks what Hashirama-sensei summoned all the time?'

"I can already summon various animals thanks to my Rinnegan," Karin waved off his question. "Sign it and let's go tell the others we'll be leaving. The sooner we track down Tsunade-sama, the sooner we can return home."