5

Chapter5: Liberation

Land of Snow: Rebel Base / Princess' Tent

When she was younger the actress Fujikaze Yukie AKA the heir to the Land of Snow's throne Kazahana Koyuki was always thought as a sweet and innocent little girl. When her uncle murdered her father and took over the country, she was forced to flee with the help of a teenage red-haired girl. With the help of Uzumaki Honoka and her unnamed benefactor, she was able to escape and make a new identity for herself.

She was told that the time would come to return to the Land of Snow and rid the country of her uncle Doto and his hired ninja once and for all. For now though Yukigakure no Sato, the nation's shinobi village was under the control of Doto and a Jonin-level ninja named Roga Nadare so support from the village's shinobi forces was out of the question until those two were disposed of. Out of all the shinobi villages Yuki was perhaps the most isolated though unlike Ame where the village was in lockdown, the entirety of the Land of Snow was so far away from the mainland that it would take a week by ship just to get there so other nations left them alone.

"Koyuki-hime," Sandayu spoke from the doorway. "Honoka-sama is here to see you," he informed.

"Send her in," Koyuki nodded and he quickly left as a familiar red-haired woman entered. "So I take it everything went well?"

"Better than we'd hoped," Honoka confirmed. "Menma-sama's plan worked like a charm; we retrieved the Forbidden Scroll of Sealing, captured an unmarked Hyuga and now Sarutobi Hiruzen is dead. Konoha captured the Ichibi just like we predicted so the Akatsuki will have to redirect their efforts back to Konoha in order to gain control of it."

"Ah, the mysterious Menma-dono," Koyuki mused. "I've heard a great many things about Karin-chan's 'benefactor' including the fact that he can control the Biju like she can."

"He's powerful," Honoka nodded. "You should meet him sometime."

"Where is he now?" Koyuki asked.

"He's in the hospital tent waiting for the Hyuga girl to wake up," Honoka answered.

"I can speak to him later," Koyuki waved it off. "As for more important matters; Sandayu has suggested to the director that we should shoot the next Princess Gale movie in the Land of Snow, more specifically at Rainbow Glacier."

"...You think it is the right time?" Honoka asked.

"My father loved this country and Doto murdered him in order to seize control. I won't forgive him," Koyuki shot back. "I've waited ten years for this; I won't wait a moment longer."

"...I will inform the others," Honoka nodded.

Land of Snow: Rebel Base / Hospital Tent

Hyuga Hinata was always a shy girl by nature known to faint almost at the mere sight of childhood crush however after she'd heard that Naruto had died on a mission and that Sasuke had been responsible if what she'd been told about the Mangekyo Sharingan was true, she'd quickly transformed into a cold and angry person. She'd progressed with an almost frightening pace, effortlessly beating anyone who challenged her whenever she sparred.

When her team was entered into the Chunin Exams she had fought against her cousin Neji who was hailed as the prodigy of the Hyuga clan during the preliminary rounds. Having created her own unique style to take advantage of her flexibility, she had almost casually defeated her fate-obsessed cousin leading many of the clan elders to believe she was too dangerous and threatening their way of life with her new better style of Juken.

Her father had been both proud and worried for her after she defeated her younger sister without a care. Adding onto that was the fact that she absolutely hated Uchiha Sasuke for what he'd done to her Naruto and had wanted to face him in the Chunin Exam Finals only for the Ichibi to attack before the finals could start. While the rest of the village shinobi either confronted the demon or evacuated civilians, she had noticed a pair of strange individuals infiltrating the Hokage Tower with her Byakugan and followed them. From what she'd heard they knew Naruto, which was impossible because he was supposed to be dead. Her heart had jumped at the possibility that he could be alive and now here she was, hoping to see her crush again.