18

Chapter18: The Last Stand

Land of the Lost: Mountain's Graveyard

Uchiha Madara had dropped a pair of meteors on the Mountain's Graveyard, levelling the entire area and decimating a good chunk of the landscape. Unlike the Edo Tensei zombies whom were now quickly regenerating after the last attack, Kabuto was forced to resort to his oral rebirth in order to survive what was clearly a jutsu designed to wipe out any and all opposition. Kabuto couldn't help but stare in wonder at the sheer scale of destruction Madara had unleashed with a single jutsu.

It looked like something only a god could do...

"So this is the power of the Rikudō-Sennin?" Kabuto mused with a smile. "Splendid."

"This is a view I haven't enjoyed in a long time," Madara commented as he gazed out at the destruction.

"The power of the Rinnegan," Itachi spoke up. "It certainly lives up to the myth."

"All this power is good for is pain," Nagato shook his head at the sight.

"Kabuto, was it? Just how much to you know about me?" Madara asked the Hebi-Sennin.

"I think I'm right that when you fought the Shodai Hokage at the Valley of the End, you didn't die, did you? Despite losing to Hashirama, you gained a portion of his power, am I wrong?" Kabuto responded.

Madara narrowed his eyes before bringing his hand up and looked down inside his collar. "So that's why..." he paused before continuing. "You've certainly prepared well; do you know our plan as well?"

"Not in detail but I am on your side," Kabuto replied. "Though I'm unsure if Tobi will act as planned given the current situation."

"...There's something I want to make sure of before anything else," Madara said as he slammed his hand down on the ground and seals spread out but then retracted a moment later. "It appears you haven't captured the Kyuubi yet."

"So the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki still lives, huh?" Nagato mused. "He's the one that defeated me though it was 'Madara' that killed me."

"Tobi is an interesting one, isn't he?" Kabuto chuckled in amusement. "The Kyuubi is still inside its Jinchuuriki though I do not know where it is at this time."

"Uzumaki Naruto," Nagato sighed. "He reminds me much of myself."

"Uzumaki? From Mito's clan?" Madara inquired curiously. "Interesting."

"He would have gotten us with that last one if I hadn't created that chakra chain barrier," Karin said as she tried to slow her breathing. "What do we do?"

"I'll deal with those three while you kill Kabuto," Tsunade replied.

"That's suicide," Karin shook her head at the suggestion. "You can't take those three on alone."

"Karin," Tsunade spoke softly. "Let's end this war today."

"You're going to..." Karin trailed off before nodding and the two jumped out over the battlefield towards their enemy. "Just don't get yourself killed."

"Here they come," Itachi spoke up.

"Good," Madara nodded as he formed a series of hand-seals. "This will make more of an impact if it's his granddaughter that's facing me," a forest exploded up from the ground all around them and tried to skewer the two women. "Mokuton: Jukai Kotan!"

"That's my grandfather's Mokuton!" Tsunade shouted in surprise.

"Tendo: Shinra Tensei!" Karin exclaimed as gravity ripple and repelled the massive forest away from them.