11

Chapter11: Rain and Tears

Land of Rain: Ame / Outskirts

Hyuga Hinata had always been a shy girl due to her childhood as the 'weak' heiress of the Hyuga clan. Her family had always considered her to be useless and had planned to replace her with her younger sister, Hanabi. Her cousin Neji blamed her for Kumo's attempt to kidnap her to acquire the Byakugan which resulted in his father's death on her third birthday eighteen years ago. Ever since she had left Konoha and joined up with her Naruto-kun, she had never once regretted her decision because she honestly believed that they were making a difference in the world. She swore that never again would someone have their family turn against them if she could help it like her own family had done to her. The Hyuga clan was divided with the main house having enslaved their branch house cousins; when it was all done there would be no more slavery in this world because she would make sure of it.

"You dare to attack our village," Konan sneered down at the Hyuga kunoichi below as she hovered in the air with wings of paper sprouting from her back. "You bring war upon us, and what is it for?"

"You are collecting the Biju," Hinata responded. "That is an act of war in itself that could bring about the destruction of this world. We are here to stop you and free the Biju from their enslavement."

"You're a fool," Konan said as she burst into paper. "Shikigami no Mai."

'She's turned herself into paper,' Hinata mused as her white eyes narrowed. 'What a very strange jutsu.'

"Be gone from here," Konan spoke clearly as the papers surrounded the Hyuga kunoichi and started to burn.

'They're explosive tags!' Hinata's eyes widened in surprise as the papers exploded.

'That was far too easy,' Konan thought as the flames died down.

"Jūho Sōshiken!" Hinata exclaimed as she appeared behind the paper angel-like woman with a pair of chakra lion heads encasing her fists. She tore right through Konan's body and fell back down onto the watery surface below. 'It wasn't enough.'

'She must have substituted with a water clone,' Konan realised.

"It seems we've reached a stalemate," Hinata commented.

"Not quite," Konan countered and held up her hand. Suddenly the ground was torn open creating a massive trench that stretch across battlefield and Hinata fell down into it in surprise.

'What is this?' Hinata asked in thought before she focused her eyes on the walls of the trench. 'This whole area is littered with explosive tags!' indeed the walls of the trench were covered in thousands of explosive tags that suddenly peeled off and flew at her. "Hakkeshō Kaiten!" she called out as chakra started to spin around her, deflecting the explosives.

"Kami no Shisha no Jutsu!" Konan exclaimed as the explosive barrage began. "There are six hundred billion explosive tags her! Enough for ten minutes of non-stop explosions! You'll run out of chakra before I run out of tags!"

It seemed that their confrontation had turned into a battle of attrition...

"Now Haku-chan!" Honoka yelled as the giant scorpion that was Sasori chased after the pair launching volley after volley of poisonous Senbon. She'd heard about the man known as the greatest puppeteer Suna had ever produced and judging by the fact that he was wearing a puppet that he could control like his own body she was starting to believe the tales.

"Hyōton: Kokuryū Bōfūsetsu!" Haku called out as a massive black dragon of ice formed from the falling rain and descended upon the puppet scorpion.

'That's impressive,' Sasori mused at the sight just before the black ice dragon crushed his scorpion puppet forcing him to quickly escape. "I liked that puppet," he commented as the dust cleared to reveal his young face.