15

Chapter15: Child of Fire

Land of Spring: Yuki / Meeting Room

"The five major villages have joined together to create some kind of alliance against us and the Akatsuki though they have no idea where either of us are based," Honoka explained as they all sat around a large round table in the center of the room.

"I still can't believe that old fence sitter of a Tsuchikage would agree to something like this," Tsunade commented. "The same with that fool of a Raikage."

"The five major villages have all lost their Jinchuuriki besides Konoha so they're all weakened," Karin reasoned. "They're afraid of what people like the Akatsuki can do with the full power of seven Biju under their control."

"I still don't get what the Akatsuki want with the Biju," Tsunade brought up. "I mean, what's their endgame?"

"They've been sealing them inside of some kind of demonic statue," Naruto answered. "Accord to the Kyuubi, it's the physical remains of a creature once known as the Ame no Hitotsu no Kami also called the Juubi."

"The Juubi? There's something with more power than the Kyuubi?" Tsunade asked suddenly growing slightly pale.

"Apparently the Rikudō-Sennin fought and defeated the Juubi before sealing it within himself becoming the first Jinchuuriki. He then created the moon to act as a prison for its physical remains and sealed it away though it seems someone has broken the seal and summoned the statue. If Obito is able to fully resurrect the Juubi then this world will end," Naruto explained. "Or at least that's what the Kyuubi keeps telling me."

"There has to be more to it than that," Tsunade spoke with a shake of her head. "There's nothing to be gained by reviving something like that."

"I agree," Naruto nodded. "But Obito's plan doesn't matter; we're going to stop him once and for all."

"The Hokage has been chosen to lead the 'Shinobi Alliance' as they're calling it and right now they're setting up a headquarters in Kumo. I've also been tracking the Ichibi Jinchuuriki," Honoka continued. "He's being sent to some kind of moving island deep in the Land of Lightning; apparently there's some kind of temple there that the former Hachibi Jinchuuriki used to gain control of his Biju in a similar manner that you did with the Kyuubi, Naruto-kun."

"Konohamaru huh? He's grown a lot over the years," Naruto said with a small smile. "I wouldn't mind fighting him now."

"The Akatsuki are gathering their forces for a full-scale assault on the Land of Lightning in order to acquire the Ichibi," Honoka added. "Their numbers stand at about one hundred thousand while the Shinobi Alliance forces have roughly eighty thousand."

"There hasn't been a war on this scale since the founding era," Tsunade whistled at the numbers. "And what are we going to do about this?"

"...Honoka, Karin, Tsunade-obachan, come with me," Naruto finally said as he stood up.

Land of Lightning: Turtle Island / Jinchuuriki Temple

The Kage Summit had been one massive nightmare for all involved with the deaths of Kakashi and the Kazekage's older brother, not to mention the recent attack on Konoha by the Akatsuki. The Five Main Shinobi Villages had banded together to face what they perceived as a threat to the world in the form of the two groups that seemingly had the power and the will to directly challenge them. One of the groups boasted seven of the nine Biju and the other had someone with the Rinnegan making her most likely the descendant of the Rikudō-Sennin, a man regarded as the Founder of the Shinobi World.

As a Jinchuuriki, Konohamaru was a weapon of war and with the strange masked man they had encountered declaring a Fourth Great Shinobi War, the young Sarutobi would no doubt be deployed onto the battlefield. To that end Jiraiya had ordered several Medic-nins to implant Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan into his left eye socket and then sent Konohamaru along with several shinobi as his guards to an island deep within the Land of Lightning. From what he'd heard, this was the place where the former Hachibi Jinchuuriki learned to control his Biju and the main reason he'd been given Kakashi's Sharingan after the man was killed was to better aid him in gaining control of the Ichibi within him.