8

Chapter8: Snow and Sound

Land of Sound: Oto

For the last nine years Orochimaru, the self-proclaimed Otokage of Otogakure no Sato had been plotting and scheming in order to complete his ambition, to gain the Sharingan. With it he could master any jutsu and to acquire it, he had planned to take control of the body of an Uchiha. Sadly the eldest of the Uchiha clan heirs had massacred most of the clan, leaving his younger brother and that man alive.

This had the unfortunate side effect of limiting his choice of candidates to take over and this was made worse when he discovered that both of the Uchiha heirs had awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan making it all but impossible for him to directly take over their bodies. It was a major setback that had forced him to give up on the idea of taking over the body of an Uchiha until one of them settled down and had children.

He would have to wait for the time when the children of either Itachi or Sasuke had been born and matured enough for him to attempt a takeover. There was no need to rush however; after all he was immortal and so could wait forever if need be. Sooner or later he'd have a prized Sharingan of his own and by that time he would have perfected his immortality jutsu to the point that he could live a natural human lifespan in his new vessel before being forced to transfer.

It was only a matter of time...

As he turned a corner in the darkened hallway, the sound of a kunai coming at him caught his attention and his head moved to the side. A familiar three-pronged kunai flew passed him making his eyes go wide in both surprise and recognition. A flash of yellow light was soon followed by a gasp as an equally familiar chakra sphere was imbedded in his gut.

"Hiraishin no Jutsu," the attacker spoke. "Rasengan," the spiralling sphere exploded violently, blowing him back and send him crashing through the wall at the intersection. "About what I expected," he commented as he raised his hood revealing his white Kitsune mask.

"W-who are you?" Orochimaru questioned in anger as he rose from the rubble holding his wounded side. His mouth opened wide and another Orochimaru climbed out leaving the first one to deflate and fall to the floor. "You dare to attack me here?" the Otokage demanded.

"It's about time I stepped out into the open," Naruto spoke clearly. "I will show this world the peace that it has never had with my power, the powerful of Senju Hashirama."

"Senju Hashirama..." Orochimaru trailed off before chuckling. "Don't take me for a fool; he's long dead. You can't be him; you just can't."

"I have no need to explain myself to the likes of you," Naruto countered as he formed a hand-seal. "Mokuton: Jukai Kōtan," an entire forest seemed to erupt from the ground upwards, smashing through the ceiling and shook the entire base.

'That was...' Orochimaru thought as he landed on one of the branches. 'There's no doubt about; that was a Mokuton jutsu created by the Shodai Hokage. Judging by the blond hair he must be related to Tsunade; did she secretly conceive a child while away from Konoha?'

"Shall we continue?" Naruto asked from one of the nearby branches.

"Ningendo," Karin whispered as she forcefully ripped out the souls of Jirobo, Sakon and Ukon. "You should all bow in the presence of a goddess," she spoke calmly as if she had not just ended three lives like they were nothing.

"Who the hell are you, bitch?" Tayuya questioned with anger in her voice.

"I am the one who will establish peace and order," Karin responded as she raised her hand. "And I believe I told you to bow," the last word was punctuated with a sudden wave of oppressive chakra that almost force the two remaining members of the Sound Four to their knees.