22

Chapter22: Dawn of Peace

Land of Lightning: Battlefield

Karin felt the chakra spike one last time before a it quickly faded causing her to pale slightly and increase her speed. 'Please be in time!' she thought as she dropped down and landed at the edge of a tall cliff overlooking a massive canyon. 'Is this the battlefield?' it looked like someone or something had taken a shovel and started carving out whole chunks of the mountain range. 'There!' she felt the chakra pulse from the center of one of the nearby craters and took off towards it. "Naruto!"

He was standing in the center with a black-haired man lying face down at his feet...

"K-Karin..." Naruto's form wavered for a second before he felt backwards.

"Naruto!" Karin called out again as she quickly rushed over and caught him as he fell. "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly as she quickly scanned his body for injuries.

"I'm just tired," Naruto smiled up at her. "More importantly you need to use your yin-yang release on Sasuke to separate the Juubi back into the seven Biju inside him before it breaks free of his body and returns to its original state."

"Okay," Karin nodded in understanding and set him down. "Onmyoton: Banbutsu Sozo!" she exclaimed as red and blue spheres of chakra gathered in her hands. She pushed the two orbs together and light consumed the world for an instant before it faded. When the light died down the seven imprisoned Biju and the Gedo Mazo stood around them as Karin collapsed to her knees next to Naruto. "It's done," she said as she tried to steady her breathing.

"Not yet," Naruto grinned up at her as he brought his hand branded with the key-seal to the seal on his stomach.

"Naruto?" Karin asked in alarm.

"I love you Karin," Naruto whispered before turning the key and opening his seal. A fully formed flesh and bone Kurama emerged from the seal and landed on the cratered ground next to his siblings.

"No," Karin gritted out as tears started to streak down her face. "Not like this," she said as she formed a hand-seal and gathered what chakra she had left. She then pushed her very life force into the blond but having already used it to resurrect a certain Sarutobi earlier coupled with her battle against Kabuto had already pushed her reserves passed their limit. "Damn it...it's not...enough..."

"Take some of my chakra if it will help," Kurama offered.

"Kurama?" the Yonbi—Son Goku—asked him.

"To a Biju words mean nothing," Kurama explained as he held his paw down over his former Jinchuuriki. "His actions were enough for me."

"We were watching," the Nibi—Matatabi—nodded at his words. "He was fighting so desperately."

"Is he the one?" the Nanabi—Chomei—asked the question.

"You the one that the old man spoke about at the end?" the Gobi—Kokuo—asked back. "Probably."

"You don't think he's the old man's..." the Hachibi—Gyuki—trailed off.

"...Yeah," Kurama nodded. "It's about damn time."

"So that's how it is huh?" the Sanbi—Isopu—mused.

"I'm in," Shukaku spoke up as his body formed beside the others and placed his hand over Kurama's.

"Heh...to think you would be helping out for once...the world must have ended again," Kurama smirked at the sand racoon.

"Shove off you old fox," Shukaku shot back.

One by one the Biju placed their hands over Kurama's and Karin quickly gathered portions of their chakra. "Gedo: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu!" she called out as their chakra flowed through her and bolstered her own wavering reserves. She flooded Naruto's body with the chakra she had gathered as a green glow encased him. He wasn't going to die! She wasn't going to let him just die here! Not when their dream was so close! "Wake up!" she screamed at him.