10

Chapter10: Bloody Rain

Land of Wind: Akatsuki Base

Kisame grumbled in annoyance as he deposited as he entered the small base they had set up in the northern part of the Land of Winds. They'd originally constructed this base to launch a raid against Suna but due to them losing the Ichibi to Konoha, they had all but abandoned using it until now. As he entered with the unconscious 'Konohamaru' slung over his shoulder, he spotted the seven holographic figures of the other members of the Akatsuki.

"You're late," Pein commented. "I have already been informed that Itachi has perished in battle with his younger brother so this will take longer than normal."

"The Jinchuuriki had some pretty strong allies," Kisame explained as he set 'Konohamaru' down on the floor. "I even lost Samehada because of that bastard, Hatake Kakashi."

"Let's begin," Pein declared as a massive demonic statue exploded from the ground before them. "From this point on it will take three days and nights to complete. Everyone also be mindful of your real bodies...okay, now Zetsu. Use your real body as a lookout and use your longest range."

"This'll be our seventh one, hn?" Deidara mused as they all formed a hand-seal.

"Fūinjutsu: Genryū Kyūfūjin!" Pein exclaimed as nine spiritual dragons appeared from the statue's mouth and consumed 'Konohamaru's body. The teenage Sarutobi was lifted into the air, his eyes and mouth open in a silent scream as red chakra was ripped out of his body and pulled into the statue in a steady stream.

"Without Itachi this will take longer than normal," Kakuzu commented.

"Something is wrong," Konan spoke up just before 'Konohamaru' disappeared in a poof of smoke. "A shadow clone?" she asked in surprise.

"Heh, it looks like the Ichibi Jinchuuriki pulled the wool over your eyes," Deidara said almost amused.

'That accursed brat,' Kisame seethed in anger at the thought.

Darkness...he couldn't see...but the pain...it meant he was alive...what had happened? 'The last thing I remember is...Itachi,' Sasuke thought as he brought his hand up to his face. 'My eyes...' he trailed off as he felt bandages wrapped around his head, covering his eyes. 'Where am I?'

"So you're awake, huh?" a dark voice asked from the shadows. "You were able to defeat Itachi though that is hardly surprising considering he wanted to die at your hand."

"W-who are you?" Sasuke questioned. "What are you talking about?"

"I am Uchiha Madara," the voice declared. "Also, I took the liberty of transplanting Itachi's eyes into you; a good thing too because you were already blind when I brought you here."

"Madara?" Sasuke asked confused. "He's dead; you can't be him."

"Believe what you want," 'Madara' shrugged as he stepped out of the shadows. "But you shouldn't dismiss something out of hand without knowing all the facts; just like Itachi."

"What do you know of Itachi?" Sasuke questioned further.

"Let me tell you the truth about Itachi and the Uchiha clan. After all I was the one who helped in the massacre," Obito declared.

"You helped him?" Sasuke snarled in anger at the fact. "I'll kill you!"

"It's not me you should kill," Obito reasoned. "I helped him because the Uchiha betrayed me long ago but for Itachi; he was under orders to wipe out the Uchiha clan."

"Orders? Orders from whom?" Sasuke demanded.

"Konoha of course."

Land of Fire: Konoha / Hokage Tower